EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: PA, Catawissa - 5/4/2018 to 5/6/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Ok Lyle I’m sick of looking at snow it’s time to think spring I’ll be contacting the cg soon. So if Theres still room put us down I’ll give you the dates once we book

Plenty of room. Let me know when you hear back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlafko

Hi everyone,
Being our first rally I was wondering if you do a pot luckdinner or something at the event or have any planned events during the weekendwe need to keep in mind while makingplans to do things while we are up there?

Dawnnira

New Jersey Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hi everyone,
Being our first rally I was wondering if you do a pot luckdinner or something at the event or have any planned events during the weekendwe need to keep in mind while makingplans to do things while we are up there?
Welcome aboard

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

KrazyKampers

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hi everyone,

Each rally is a little different but most have a potluck at one point. Lyle usually puts out an agenda sometime before the rally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

travelin2

Hi everyone,

Hi. Check out some of the details on Post #1
I included a list of local attractions plus I believe there may be a few others on J & D’s website. And as noted there will be a pot luck Saturday evening.
We run a very laid back rally. As I’m not an event coordinator and don’t expect group participation you’re on your own to search out those activities that interest you. As noted the draw is Knoebels Amusement Resort but there are other attractions.
Upon our return next month, I’ll post an agenda. Won’t be much different than any past events...

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Hi everyone,

Dave,
When you get there and get set up, look us up. As we probably won’t get there until 7 or so, not much will be happening with us that evening. Just some socializing.

Every rally is a little different. But in general, there is a potluck at some point. Sometimes a breakfast and a whole lot of sitting around the campfire shooting the bull. A lot of guy conversations about the cool stuff. You know, trucks, campers, tires, engines, modifications.... cool stuff. A lot of women conversation…...ah... not quite sure what they talk about. LOL. Just kidding.
You can choose to take part in all or none or some. Sometimes unscheduled things happen. Someone will say they want to go to a restaurant. 2 becomes 4, 4 becomes 10, 10 becomes 20.

Just be forewarned. These rallies can become addictive. You can go to one to see how it is and a few years later you’re going to your 40th.

Safe Travels

porthole

Retired
Hi everyone,

Pot lucks are one of my favorite parts of a rally.

Dawnnira

New Jersey Chapter Leaders-Retired
Dave,
When you get there and get set up, look us up. As we probably won’t get there until 7 or so, not much will be happening with us that evening. Just some socializing.

Every rally is a little different. But in general, there is a potluck at some point. Sometimes a breakfast and a whole lot of sitting around the campfire shooting the bull. A lot of guy conversations about the cool stuff. You know, trucks, campers, tires, engines, modifications.... cool stuff. A lot of women conversation…...ah... not quite sure what they talk about. LOL. Just kidding.
You can choose to take part in all or none or some. Sometimes unscheduled things happen. Someone will say they want to go to a restaurant. 2 becomes 4, 4 becomes 10, 10 becomes 20.

Just be forewarned. These rallies can become addictive. You can go to one to see how it is and a few years later you’re going to your 40th.

Safe Travels
Dave...I attached a picture that started as dinner for 8 turned into table for 16 at the green turtle at the Maryland rally, always making friends
32a220159d137e3daf794c33950ce4f1.jpg

JWalker

Dave...I attached a picture that started as dinner for 8 turned into table for 16 at the green turtle at the Maryland rally, always making friends
32a220159d137e3daf794c33950ce4f1.jpg

Man oh Man, I would’ve combed my hair if I knew I was getting my picture taken.

dlafko

We re in D5 so come on over when u are set up.. We should Be
there earlier in the afternoon, think Jessica is going to take a half day on Friday.

Dave,

Safe Travels

- - - Updated - - -

That’s neat Anyone coming with younger kids? I have an 8 year old and will be a newly minted 5 year old.. LOL

Man oh Man, I would’ve combed my hair if I knew I was getting my picture taken.

travelin2

We re in D5 so come on over when u are set up.. We should Be
there earlier in the afternoon, think Jessica is going to take a half day on Friday.

- - - Updated - - -

That’s neat Anyone coming with younger kids? I have an 8 year old and will be a newly minted 5 year old.. LOL

Bones (Kline) has 2 young girls and alwaybusy (Silk) has a young gal too.

alwaysbusy

Bones (Kline) has 2 young girls and alwaybusy (Silk) has a young gal too.

Yeah, but the Kline kids stay in bed till 4pm! , LOL Autumn is 6 and will be ready to play, she up at 6am.......every morning. We're in 4D or the campsite next to where you'll find Jamie. If Autumn isn't there she'll be over by 15E being a bother to Mr. Duane and Regis I'm sure.

porthole

Retired
Yeah, but the Kline kids stay in bed till 4pm! , LOL Autumn is 6 and will be ready to play, she up at 6am.......every morning. We're in 4D or the campsite next to where you'll find Jamie. If Autumn isn't there she'll be over by 15E being a bother to Mr. Duane and Regis I'm sure.

Regis_&_Autumn_small.jpg

Regis won't care - and as long as I have my coffee :cool:

Bones

Yeah they usually sleep in if they can. I'm usually up and the youngest will get up around 7. I can tell them other kids are around so maybe they will want to get up earlier.

JWalker

Lyle I’ll be coming in on Wednesday the 2nd and leaving the 6th site 3-d

Ah....The early bird. The perfect person to arrive early and have cold beverages waiting for everyone that arrives on Thursday.

Just you and Sharon on this trip?

mbesanceney

New York Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ah....The early bird. The perfect person to arrive early and have cold beverages waiting for everyone that arrives on Thursday.

Just you and Sharon on this trip?

I’m not sure who’s coming it might just be me I’ll know when we get closer to the date.

travelin2

Alright with 4 weeks until the rally let’s hope we have no more of this...
947bc38a20eeaacf7b4367161100fd4d.jpg

Our view this morning off I80 on our return trip from wintering in TX, etc.
Sites are still available if anyone is interested in joining the rest of the crowd.
Agenda will soon be forthcoming

Status
Not open for further replies.