Question about construction

Jacschron

The back of our RV feels like it is delaminating. It seems like the whole back panel below the window feels bubbled out. When you press on it, it gives slightly.

This is is what the dealer said, “Well on the back of that coach the construction is called "hung wall construction" Its not actually laminated so there will be some ability to push on it and it give a little,but we'll still look it all over.”

I’m just wondering if this is normal. It feels like some of the other delamination spots but on the whole back panel.

Much thanks,

Jacqui

danemayer

Hi Jacschron,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I'm assuming you have a Bighorn Traveler with a flat back, rather than a molded rear cap. I've heard of flex on the back panel because of the construction technique, but without pictures, it's impossible to tell whether that's what you've noticed.

Unfortunately, forum software won't allow you add pictures for a few more posts. If you can upload to a free site like Google Photos, some clear pictures that show what you're seeing, and link to those, I'm sure you'll get some feedback.

And it would be helpful to identify what year/model/floorplan you actually have so we don't have to guess.