ATF: Landmark - Oshkosh W/D Slideout

RickL

Is there any way to add storage shelves or baskets above the washer/dryer in the slide out?

Is there any framing in the walls that can be used to support the weight so any anchor system used won't pull out especially during travels down the road?

Please let me know your thoughts or opinions in adding storage above the washer/dryer (laundry soap, dryer sheets, etc.)

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I have the same question, so I'll be subscribing to this thread.

NYSUPstater

Is there any way to add storage shelves or baskets above the washer/dryer in the slide out?

Is there any framing in the walls that can be used to support the weight so any anchor system used won't pull out especially during travels down the road?

Please let me know your thoughts or opinions in adding storage above the washer/dryer (laundry soap, dryer sheets, etc.)

I forgot who, but someone posted pics of some mods he did, doing exactly what you asked. End result was NICE. Hopefully, another member will remember who and direct you.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Yes, I bought the materials for the shelf and Dave Seabolt and I installed it.

pegmikef

Here's the one I added to mine. I used Lin Ballard's design and bought a 16" x 72" wire shelf at Lowe's (had to cut it to the correct length purposely making it a fairly tight fit). I used the plastic hangers (also sold at Lowes) on the back wall and scabs along the side. I used the winged type Molly bolts to secure the six hangers on the back wall. Because of the weight I ended up using a shelf-to-floor wooden brace between the appliances in the center of the shelf. We just towed it 1200 miles with it installed and it worked great!

Attachments

• shelf.jpg
    shelf.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 75
  • laundry.jpg
    laundry.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 82
Last edited: