New to Everything RV

allera

Hi everyone! My name is Alex and I'm new to RVs in general (and first time towing). I got myself a nice little 2018 Mallard M28 TT back in June of 2017. I actually got the tow vehicle first, a 2010 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4WD, back in Nov 2016 and have loved every minute of driving it. I read it was better to get the RV first, then find a vehicle to tow it with, but I like to do things the hard way.

I currently live in Denver, so all of my excursions so far have been to near-by places:

- Colorado Springs
- Buena Vista
- Grand Junction (wine fest!)
- Gunnison
- Estes Park
- Santa Fe
- Royal Gorge
- 11 Mile Lake

It was a busy summer! All fantastic places, although I think Gunnison might have been my favorite. Monarch Pass is no joke.

I've gotten to know the RV pretty well (even had my first water incident) and I think I'm towing like a champ now (confidently, at least). It's in storage now for the winter, but I'll break it out of its slumber and begin my long-time dream of full-time RVliving starting April 1. I love love love to travel and explore, so I'm in the process of shedding just about everything I own and turning nomadic -- we'll see how this goes! I'm not sure how well the RV will hold up to full-time living, but I'm planning on being stationary for 1-2 weeks at a time, so hopefully that will cut down on the larger wear and tear concerns. I've got two older cats and am not looking forward to their potty.

I'm a propeller-head and work remotely so I'll continue to work while full-timing it. I'm already part of the HOC, so I hope that my travel plans align with a rally or two this year and get to meet some of you in person!

I look forward to participating in these forums! I've been lurking for a while and there's a ton of great info and community here!

Pokiejoe

Alex you need to come on down to Albuquerque about May 3rd to 6th and have some fun at the New Mexico rally!

aatauses

Welcome--you have a lot of new friends here with a lot of knowledge on RV s-----as you start your new life it will be enjoyable!!
al