2017 Bighorn Traveler 39MB - interior hand rail

jones6789

My interior hand rail at the steps has fallen off. Looking at other posts, it appears that it does not to have a "backing" plate and I need to figure out what the best way to proceed with reinstalling the rail. Can you please provide me with a layout of the exterior walls? If indeed there was not a "Backing" plate installed, what suggestions do you have to insure that it will support adequate weight?

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Re: ATF: Bighorn - 2017 Bighorn Traveler 39MB - interior hand rail

My interior hand rail at the steps has fallen off. Looking at other posts, it appears that it does not to have a "backing" plate and I need to figure out what the best way to proceed with reinstalling the rail. Can you please provide me with a layout of the exterior walls? If indeed there was not a "Backing" plate installed, what suggestions do you have to insure that it will support adequate weight?

Your best way of getting an answer is to call Heartland Customer service at the number listed on the Portals page. Be sure to have your Vin # ready when you call.

Last edited:

donr827

Re: ATF: Bighorn - 2017 Bighorn Traveler 39MB - interior hand rail

There should be a backing plate in my opinion. When I ordered my BH3055 there was no hand rail. I called the brand manager and he was able to add a backing plate and hand rail. The hand rail was strong.
Don