EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Cullman - 9/7/2018 to 9/9/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

DebiMac

We would very much like to attend! However, we cannot commit yet. My husband is having knee surgery and we need to know his schedule for the surgery and healing first. So, if all goes well and there are still openings both with this group and at the RV park, we would love to join you!

usnaviator

Retired Alabama Chapter Leaders
We would very much like to attend! However, we cannot commit yet. My husband is having knee surgery and we need to know his schedule for the surgery and healing first. So, if all goes well and there are still openings both with this group and at the RV park, we would love to join you!

Debi & John, The campground should have plenty of room and you are more than welcome to join us. We hope you can make it and good luck with the knee surgery!

DebiMac

Debi & John, The campground should have plenty of room and you are more than welcome to join us. We hope you can make it and good luck with the knee surgery!

Thank you for the knee surgery well wishes. Sadly, we will not be able to attend. My husband's surgery has been scheduled and there will not be time to get from CA to AL after he is released. Very bummed as we really wanted to meet all you fine folks from this area and to see the sights. Perhaps we can attend one next year. Have fun everyone!

New to Heartland here. We have a 2018 Heartland 4115 Cyclone. We live on the FL panhandle and this is about our closest rally to attend. I was curious what sites those that are attending RV sites are located. It would be nice to be together. Where are ya'll from also?

usnaviator

New to Heartland here. We have a 2018 Heartland 4115 Cyclone. We live on the FL panhandle and this is about our closest rally to attend. I was curious what sites those that are attending RV sites are located. It would be nice to be together. Where are ya'll from also?

Hi, Thanks for the interest in the Alabama Chapter rally, we certainly hope you can join us. Two areas are being held for the rally 15 sites in one area and five in the other. Post No. 1 will give you more specifics and if you click on the campground link in the first post there is a site map showing where they are located.

We are from Madison, AL.

D.Swartz

New to Heartland- Just a few questions- Do you have to be a club member? Do you have to be from state of the chapter? We are interested in the Cullman Rally and are from NW Florida. We are new owners of the Heartland brand.

danemayer

New to Heartland- Just a few questions- Do you have to be a club member? Do you have to be from state of the chapter? We are interested in the Cullman Rally and are from NW Florida. We are new owners of the Heartland brand.

Hi D.Swartz,

You can attend as a non-club member but would pay $20. Fortunately, club membership is free. So join the club and you don't have to pay.

Here's a link to the club info page.

usnaviator

Hi!

1. Nope, you don't have to be club member to attend the Rally (rules recently changed). However, I would encourage you to join (there is no charge for membership). If you click on the "Owners Club" tab at the top of the page it will provide you lots of good info about the club. You can also follow this link https://heartlandowners.org/club/join-the-club/ to fill out an application.
  2. Nope, you don't have to be from the State of the Chapter. The Alabama chapter already includes one couple from NW Florida.

We hope you can make it to the Cullman Rally. Look forward to meeting you.

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
Paul and Sheila,
We are registered for the AL rally and will be arriving on September 6th and leaving on September 9th. We will be in site M6. Looking forward to a good rally!
Ricky and Rachel

usnaviator

Paul and Sheila,
We are registered for the AL rally and will be arriving on September 6th and leaving on September 9th. We will be in site M6. Looking forward to a good rally!
Ricky and Rachel

Ricky & Rachel, we're glad you can make the rally. We look forward to hearing about your Alaska trip!

Fox

New members here (Fox and DrSus) from the Ft Rucker area (235 miles south of Cullman).
Today we received our Heartland Member Number (5164) and are hoping to book a reservation in the morning (apparently they don't work 24s day).

Coincidentally - before we owned this Heartland (Big Horn 3750FL) my wife and her friend were already planning to attend the arts and crafts fair simultaneously taking place - so the next move was lets all four go and enjoy a week.

Anticipated dates Arrive Wed Sep 5, Depart Wed Sep12. Will confirm it all once complete.

Fox,
USA RET

jbeletti

New members here (Fox and DrSus) from the Ft Rucker area (235 miles south of Cullman).
Today we received our Heartland Member Number (5164) and are hoping to book a reservation in the morning (apparently they don't work 24s day).

Coincidentally - before we owned this Heartland (Big Horn 3750FL) my wife and her friend were already planning to attend the arts and crafts fair simultaneously taking place - so the next move was lets all four go and enjoy a week.

Anticipated dates Arrive Wed Sep 5, Depart Wed Sep12. Will confirm it all once complete.

Fox,
USA RET

Hey Fox - great to see you hit the ground running! This one sounds like a win-win. Have a blast.

Fox

Hey Fox - great to see you hit the ground running! This one sounds like a win-win. Have a blast.

We've never attended a rally before (so we have no idea of expectations) so please excuse us if we do something wrong.

Is there a schedule or just simply come go/ do what one pleases? I see something about a pot luck meal, something we've never tried in our previous campers, so a bit of worry there.
Is our bringing (non-camping) guests a violation? In fairness we're leaving the dogs behind to make it more comfy for them; something I rarely do - they travel with us.

Is there a secret handshake to ID other members - or must we first have 100 posting?

See y'all soon.

Attachments

• Rebel, Sm.jpg
    Rebel, Sm.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20170909_182852.jpg
    20170909_182852.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 7

jbeletti

We've never attended a rally before (so we have no idea of expectations) so please excuse us if we do something wrong.

Is there a schedule or just simply come go/ do what one pleases? I see something about a pot luck meal, something we've never tried in our previous campers, so a bit of worry there.
Is our bringing (non-camping) guests a violation? In fairness we're leaving the dogs behind to make it more comfy for them; something I rarely do - they travel with us.

Is there a secret handshake to ID other members - or must we first have 100 posting?

See y'all soon.

Fox - the Chapter Leader will be posting the agenda to post #1 of this thread soon. They'll then post a reply to the thread so it comes up in the 'What's New'.

Your guests staying with you in your RV are welcome! Make a large enough potluck item to be fair. Have fun!

usnaviator

See y'all soon.

Hi Fox - Welcome to the Heartland Owners Club! We’re glad you decided to join in on the HOC fun and join us at the upcoming rally in Cullman.

We’re still finalizing the agenda and will get it published in the next couple of weeks. However, you can plan on a “meet-n-greet” Friday evening, a pancake breakfast on Saturday, dinner Saturday evening (specifics to follow), and coffee/pastries Sunday morning. There is no secret handshake and nothing to worry about regarding the pot-luck.

There is no set schedule in order that everyone can attend and enjoy the Cullman area and the Bernard Blues and BBQ festival.

You asked about bringing non-camping guests. This question and other good info can be found by clicking on the “Owners Club” tab at the top of the page (https://heartlandowners.org/club/). Regarding bringing non-camping guests it provides the following:

“Q. I own a Heartland RV, am a Club member and I want to bring some friends or family in my Heartland RV to a rally – is this allowed?
A. Yes, however you may be required to pay a per person fee for more than 2 people in a rig. Check with the Rally host prior to registering. Any additional person fee must be paid to the Rally host upon your arrival.”

For the Alabama rally there will be a $10.00/person fee for your non-camping guest(s).

If you have additional questions please feel free to post them in the forum, send me a private message or call. We look forward to meeting you at the rally.

Fox

Hi Fox - Welcome to the Heartland Owners Club! We’re glad you decided to join in on the HOC fun and join us at the upcoming rally in Cullman.

We’re still finalizing the agenda and will get it published in the next couple of weeks. However, you can plan on a “meet-n-greet” Friday evening, a pancake breakfast on Saturday, dinner Saturday evening (specifics to follow), and coffee/pastries Sunday morning. There is no secret handshake and nothing to worry about regarding the pot-luck.

There is no set schedule in order that everyone can attend and enjoy the Cullman area and the Bernard Blues and BBQ festival.

You asked about bringing non-camping guests. This question and other good info can be found by clicking on the “Owners Club” tab at the top of the page (https://heartlandowners.org/club/). Regarding bringing non-camping guests it provides the following:

“Q. I own a Heartland RV, am a Club member and I want to bring some friends or family in my Heartland RV to a rally – is this allowed?
A. Yes, however you may be required to pay a per person fee for more than 2 people in a rig. Check with the Rally host prior to registering. Any additional person fee must be paid to the Rally host upon your arrival.”

For the Alabama rally there will be a $10.00/person fee for your non-camping guest(s).

If you have additional questions please feel free to post them in the forum, send me a private message or call. We look forward to meeting you at the rally.

We are officially booked. Arrive Sep 5, Depart Sep 12. Assigned pad M22.
Who (and how) do I get this additional $20 fee to?

Status
Not open for further replies.