Looking for Landmark reviews

mlpeloquin

One thing about Heartland, they pay the dealer to do the PDI. So don't let the dealer charge you for it. Another is the great support Heartland gives its customers. A lot of negative reviews are caused by the dealerships not being responsive to problems or fixing them half way or not at all. If you have a problem under warranty, then contact Heartland to make sure you are in the loop. Let the dealer know that you will be contacting Heartland. That way they cannot blame Heartland for long delays when it is them not even ordering the parts.

One of our Heartland club member has written a PDI inspection form. Print it and use it. It can be found on their blog at https://www.rvwiththetanners.com/pre-delivery-inspection It will take four hours. So do as they say and inform the dealer.

We had a few problems, most fixed on the road with loctite, and epoxy. Changed out the hangers for heavy duty and lubed bronze hanger bearings. Dry lube for life isn't. With the Landmark you get full body paint which is a big plus and do opt for disk breaks. They are a big safety addition. Had one big issue after warranty was over and Heartland help with the cost. No other big issues at all. About 35K miles and two trips across the country.

danemayer

7 years, 1307 nights, over 50,000 miles in our 2011 Landmark. We typically are in it for 2-3 month stays, but have been as long as 16 months while in between houses. Temps as high as 108 (F) and as low as -30 (F).

Sure things have broken, but never badly enough to interrupt a trip.

The Heartland Owners Club is the best, and of course the support network here on the forum is unmatched.

carl.swoyer

7 years, 1307 nights, over 50,000 miles in our 2011 Landmark. We typically are in it for 2-3 month stays, but have been as long as 16 months while in between houses. Temps as high as 108 (F) and as low as -30 (F).

Sure things have broken, but never badly enough to interrupt a trip.

The Heartland Owners Club is the best, and of course the support network here on the forum is unmatched.
Very true. This is the best forum

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

dave10a

I rated my Landmarkas average as compared to many other mfg’s. I see where the new Landmark and Big Horn have made improvements and trade-offs as market demands change. Most mfg’s do that if they want to stay in business. My Landmark has served me well- albeit I am disappointed in the suspension, plumbing and electrical. The plumbing, electrical, appliances and mfg warranty are on par with today's reputable mfg’s. I did have to modify the roof to accept a solar array and because inthe year mine was built the roof had 1/8” luan which provideinsufficient mounting for the panels unless you can mount them of the aluminum cross members which are too far apart. I now have a good idea what I need and today’s engineering and available materials to build a light and robust trailer. Heartland like a few other mfg’sprovide skimpy deals on exactly how the trailers are engineered and built. That is why I find it necessary to sign up for the factory tours to determine how the trailers are designed and built and if they offer the options to fit my needs. All mfg’s seem to be long on glitz and glamour and short on the details I am interested in.This will be a $100,000 investment and I don’t take it lightly.

tdp100508

Re: Reviews

We purchased a Landmark 365 Newport in July 2017. We now have had it for 6 months. We have had countless problems and am extremely disappointed with the build quality of our unit. In my opinion, it is a nice trailer that has been assembled with very poor workmanship. We are currently living full time in our unit and bringing it to a dealer for service and repairs would be extremely inconvenient. I am a registered RV tech and have the abilities to do the repairs so I have done them myself. We are already talking about selling our unit and purchasing a higher quality unit from another manufacturer. Feel free to contact me for more specific issues I have experienced. We hoped this would be a unit that would last but feel that it will not hold up to full time use. I know several folks that have older units that are happy with theirs. It seems that most complaints are from owners of recent builds like myself.

BarbandFrank

We have a 2016 Landmark that was purchased new and we live in it full time. We had some initial issues with our rig including a leak under the kitchen sink, a broken slide switch, and a lamp over the kitchen table that came loose and broke. Everything was covered by the warranty and repaired at the dealer we purchased from. Heartland has been super easy to work with when we’ve needed help.

Overall we are very pleased with our Landmark. I will say, however, the mattress that came with our Landmark was not very comfortable. We replaced it with a Sleep Number.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We had a 2011 Landmark Grand Canyon and loved it! A few problems over the years but nothing catastrophic! We recently traded it in for an '18 Oshkosh that is even better than the '11.