"Heartland" brand tires

57chevyconvt

Does anyone have experience with Heartland brand tires sold by Discount Tire Company? The LT G rated 16" Heartland tires for my BH sell for $185 ++ which is almost half the price of a GoodYear G614 tire.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Re: Heartland Tires

I replaced the OEM Freestars on mine last year with the Sailun S637’s. My experience with Goodyear’s on my trucks has been less than stellar. Put Michelin’s on my truck last month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jnbhobe

Re: Heartland Tires

Sailun is the only tire I have seen to replace GY 614's and prove itself.

Lou_and_Bette

Sailun S637 here also...just bought 2 new ones from Simpletire.com $150 per tire and free shipping. Be prepared, if you order from simpletire.com and the shipping address is different (more than 50 miles) there is a ID verification process.

Lynn1130

I have never had a problem with a tire sold by Discount that they did not correct to my satisfaction. "If your ever not satisfied, just bring it back".

farside291

Discount will replace/repair any tire they sell. They will not repair the damage caused by a blowout from one of their tires. Also, I have checked 3 different Discount Tire stores and not one store could air a tire past 90 psi. Be aware if you purchase 110 psi tires from Discount they may have 90 psi in them.

Gaffer

Why in the world would you want to be the first to try a tire brand that no one has ever heard of?

Lynn1130

They will not repair the damage caused by a blowout from one of their tires

I don't think any tire store will repair body damage. That is up to your insurance company and a body shop.

Discount did forward the claim form and information to the tire company when I had one blow two years ago.

57chevyconvt

Thanks for all of the responses concerning Heartland brand RV tires. I have always had more than satisfactory service on tire adjustment from Discount Tire. The reason that I initiated the question about Heartland tires is that a good friend had a blowout with a GY G614 tire and needed a spare to continue his trip. The local Discount Tire stores (4) didn't have a GY G614 tire in stock for an adjustment. The manager offered a Heartland brand tire for a spare free of charge until he could notify his local Discount Tire store for a replacement. My friend will work with the local tire store to replace the GY tire upon his return to his home base. I call that SERVICE. But, back to my question as I should have better stated, i.e., has anyone heard of the Heartland brand of tires. This is a new tire band to me. I personally have GY G614 tires on my BH. They replaced TOW MAX bombs. I now have about 20K miles on the GY tires without a problem. I don't have TPM's but monitor tire pressure and temperature on a regular basis.

Lynn1130

Good Year will !!! If you want to spend the money for G-614's

They will repair the damage or they will pay for the repair of the damage? There is a difference. Most tire companies will pay for the damage if you file a claim and the claim is honored. Are you saying that Goodyear will blindly pay for any damage that tire causes? That I would have to see in writing.

danemayer

They will repair the damage or they will pay for the repair of the damage? There is a difference. Most tire companies will pay for the damage if you file a claim and the claim is honored. Are you saying that Goodyear will blindly pay for any damage that tire causes? That I would have to see in writing.
Lynn,

On the G614 and I believe the G114 and a few other tires, Goodyear has a damage claim department that I think routinely pays for reimbursement of repair cost where one of their tires caused damage. They reimbursed my body repair and paint cost and the cost of roadside service and the cost of a new tire. The old tire threw off the tread at 40,000 miles. The claim dep't emails a form and asks for the damaged tire to be returned at their expense. I've never heard of Goodyear declining to pay after examination of the failed tire.

I've seen where a number of others have also benefited from Goodyear's policy. I also notice that this policy is not mentioned in the warranty statement. It's a policy, not a legal commitment.

As for other brands, I don't think I recall ever hearing about any other tire company reimbursing cost of repairs where their tires failed. Even when they agree that the tire damage was not due to a roadside hazard, or user error of some type, the most I think I remember is full cost of replacement tire, or a free tire. More often it's a partial reimbursement for the tire.

If you know of another company that pays for body damage repair cost, I'm sure people would be interested.

Lynn1130

As for other brands, I don't think I recall ever hearing about any other tire company reimbursing cost of repairs where their tires failed.

TowMax did but it took staying on their XXX to get it done. The only other blowout I had was Cooper and they probably would have but my insurance company took care of it and it was not worth the time to pursue it.

DougS

Doug S
The new Bighorns at the Tampa Show have West Lake tires on them, G rated tires. I have never heard of West Lake tires before.

SNOKING

Grand Design and Cedar Creek trailers have been coming with Westlake tires for the last few years.

Goodyear seems to have changed their warranty statement, as in now reads(see the part that I put in bold type):

LIMITATION OF DAMAGES:
IN NO EVENT AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL GOODYEAR BE LIABLE TO THE BUYER FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOST PROFIT, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF GOODWILL OR REPUTATION, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGE, COST (INCLUDING FOR REPLACEMENT TRANSPORTATION), EXPENSE OR LOSS OF ANY KIND. SOME STATES AND PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.

It use to just state that consequential damages were not covered.

They are the only company that I am aware of that has routinely cover consequential damage to the trailer. They sometimes offered to pay your insurance deductible, however if your held your ground they would cover it completely. Chris

57chevyconvt

Another Tire Brand Question

Since I recently had a failure of a GY G614 tire, I am considering two other brands of tires from Discount Tire Co. I had previous made note of the Heartland brand of tire and no one seems to have any experience with this brand, the other brand that the local Discount Tire store is recommending is Taskmaster. The physical weight of a Heartland tire is 60# and the Taskmaster is 46#. The store manager is telling me that the Taskmaster has a higher load carrying capacity. So far they have had good success with the Taskmaster tires for trailer applications. In my area most trailer tire applications are farm and ranch. A number of the ranch trailer are very large goose neck cattle trailers. Any thoughts and or suggestions as to the use of either one of the noted tires.