ATF: Bighorn - padre44

padre44

How do I get to motor on a 2016 BigHorn 3570 RS so I can manually extend and retract? I can barely reach it on right side, but won't be able to fully extend it from there. We are leaving for a trip in two days and will need to manually operate until we can get a repair facility to come fix it. Right now it is dead.

danemayer

On some floor plans, the motor is under the bed and the bed top platform has to be removed to get to the mechanism. On others, it may be behind the fascia above the headboard and that would have to come down.

If the motor is not making any noise, it may be an electrical problem. If the switch has power and the switch is electrically ok, you may have a bad connection under the bed.

If the motor is turning but nothing moves, you may have a problem with the chains or cables driven by the motor. In that case, manually operating the motor won't help. You have to take things apart and repair the mechanism.

If the motor is quiet, I would check the power to the motor first.

EOneal59

I had to lay in the closet after removing the lower panel on the right side of my 3570rs to adjust the cable on the bedroom slide. The motor is under the middle of the bed can't remember if there is access their without removing the bottom of the bed frame

EOneal59

When you raise the bed up there is a panel you can remove to get to the motor. You should have a flexible tool in your Heartland bag that came with the trailer that will attach to a drill and to the top of the motor. Hope this helps

CoveredWagon

In our 2018 Bighorn the motor uses a #2 square drive bit to manually drive the motor. There is a u tube video on how to do this override. google the slide manufacturer and that’ll lead you to a how to video. Ours is also under the bed behind a removable panel.

padre44

Thanks to everyone for your input. I had found the motor and moved the slide some with my drill and the attachment that came with the coach, but it was terribly awkward and I didn't see how I could get it all the way open, or close it if it was stuck open, due to limited space. I knew there must be a way to remove one of the panels on the right side, so will look again. Going down from the top seemed to necessitate taking much of the bed apart. I'll also look to see if there is a panel that can be removed from the storage under the bed where I can reach back to the motor. I'm continuing to check to see what the real problem is also. It worked last fall, and it is very cold here, but don't see how that could be the cause. We leave in a couple of days for Florida so if I can't fix it, will try to get a mobile repair shop to come fix it under the extended warranty I have.