Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Looking at a CY 4151

1. Print this Post   #11
    Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired NWILSON's Avatar

Re: Looking at a CY 4151

Quote Originally Posted by jfcody3962 View Post
    We have a 2018 4151 we bought last May of 17. We used it many times last year. So far we are happy with the floor plan. I have the Norcold 4 door kitchen fridge, it is accessible with the slides closed. The rear bath is accessible with a golf cart in garage. As stated above, the front bath is only accessible with the front slide open, unless you climb over bed. My only real complaint is the queen bed. I wish they would have made the slide wider and went with the king bed. I would gladly give up some of the bathroom space for the king (the bath is HUGE). Storage is excellent in this rig, with the exception of the kitchen- it could use more drawer space. I replaced the awning/door side love seat with a single recliner and end table with lamp. Looks much classier and is much more usable. We did not need so much "sofa" seating. The trailer tows very nice with no sway. I'm towing with a 2017 F350 Dually. Good luck with your decision and purchase.
    Could you please post a pic of the recliner/table mod? It sounds like a great idea!
    Neale & Leslie

"Do you remember what this switch does?"

2012 Dodge 3500 Laramie diesel dually

B&W Companion 5th wheel hitch
    Mor/ryde pinbox
    Firestone Ride Rite airbags

2017 Cyclone 4150

2011 Harley ElectraGlide Ultra Classic
    2002 ClubCar DS gas golf cart

2. Print this Post   #12

Here are some pics. When I removed the love seat there was wiring and speakers exposed so I covered them with carpet. I don't have a pic of the lamp, but you can imagine it being there. I screwed the lamp down to the table so it does not move during travel. Purchased the chair from Heartland when I bought the camper (via dealer). It's the same chair that comes with other models of the Cyclone. It's expensive though....like 600.00!!!
    Works great!

image3.jpgimage1.jpgimage2.jpg

3. Print this Post   #13
    Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired NWILSON's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jfcody3962 View Post
    Here are some pics. When I removed the love seat there was wiring and speakers exposed so I covered them with carpet. I don't have a pic of the lamp, but you can imagine it being there. I screwed the lamp down to the table so it does not move during travel. Purchased the chair from Heartland when I bought the camper (via dealer). It's the same chair that comes with other models of the Cyclone. It's expensive though....like 600.00!!!
    Works great!
    Very nicely done! Thanks for sharing. I see something similar in our future.
    Neale & Leslie

"Do you remember what this switch does?"

2012 Dodge 3500 Laramie diesel dually

B&W Companion 5th wheel hitch
    Mor/ryde pinbox
    Firestone Ride Rite airbags

2017 Cyclone 4150

2011 Harley ElectraGlide Ultra Classic
    2002 ClubCar DS gas golf cart

4. Print this Post   #14

Re: Looking at a CY 4151 we have a 2018

We have a 2018 4151 as well. We take it just about every campground in our area with lots of staring. Shes quite the "show stopper" as far as the layout goes we love it! There's a few things that dont make sense but we have adapted. One is the cutout in the garage under the tv is being used to store a smaller upright grill. Kitchen storage is amazing unless your into drawers then there isnt much. The garage is a snug fit for our yamaha yxz. But it fits. We got just about every option that we could get for this camper. We have tried hauling it with our ford f350 dually. But it is a bear for that truck. We haul it with a international 4700 low pro custom hauler and it's made our lives easier. I would absolutely recommend this layout. But it seems as tho they have discontinued this floor plan. This saddens me!

To the person that has this same camper. Are you having issues with your rear side facing awning? Mine needs a slight assist to retract from fully extended. Not sure if it's due to being 700 feet away from the battery?? But that is one annoying thing. Takes two people to retract that one.

5. Print this Post   #15

We have the same rig and we are enjoying it. We are pulling with a 2018 GMC 3500 and it does a nice job.

I am am having the same issue with the rear side facing awning. It is annoying and I was just getting ready to look into what the problem is as it just started the last time I tried it. I hope one of us finds the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotek12 View Post
    We have a 2018 4151 as well. We take it just about every campground in our area with lots of staring. Shes quite the "show stopper" as far as the layout goes we love it! There's a few things that dont make sense but we have adapted. One is the cutout in the garage under the tv is being used to store a smaller upright grill. Kitchen storage is amazing unless your into drawers then there isnt much. The garage is a snug fit for our yamaha yxz. But it fits. We got just about every option that we could get for this camper. We have tried hauling it with our ford f350 dually. But it is a bear for that truck. We haul it with a international 4700 low pro custom hauler and it's made our lives easier. I would absolutely recommend this layout. But it seems as tho they have discontinued this floor plan. This saddens me!

To the person that has this same camper. Are you having issues with your rear side facing awning? Mine needs a slight assist to retract from fully extended. Not sure if it's due to being 700 feet away from the battery?? But that is one annoying thing. Takes two people to retract that one.

6. Print this Post   #16

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel737 View Post
    We have the same rig and we are enjoying it. We are pulling with a 2018 GMC 3500 and it does a nice job.

I am am having the same issue with the rear side facing awning. It is annoying and I was just getting ready to look into what the problem is as it just started the last time I tried it. I hope one of us finds the answer.

new problem. under bedroom slide the floor is rotting and there is some water getting behind the outer coating. small bubbles on corners of slide entrance. local dealer says im out of warranty. heartland wont help me. its too bad. i love the camper. but i wont be ****** off if a tree falls on it furing winter storage.....

i do understand that all campers are crap. but for this price range... you would think it would last more than 2 years without major issues. if said tree stays upright, ill be replacing the slide floor and trying to repair the slight water damage before that entire side delaminates. caulk all your seams every year and re apply self leveling sealant to all your rooftop protrusions.

also. im having a issue with one of my septic shutoff valves. seems like the front black water valve leaks. because when i take off the cover to hook up and dump at the end of my trip i tend to wear some of that nice blue/brown water.....

7. Print this Post   #17
    Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret) boatto5er's Avatar

Looking at a CY 4151

You can fix the leaking sewer line with a Valterra Screw On Valve. Hundreds of us use them. You’ll never get an unwelcome surprise again.

The floor can be fixed. Search the Heartland Owners Forum for slide floor repair. I just did mine without having to remove the slideout. Total cost under $100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gus and Debra Funderburg (Founding Virginia, Maryland, and North Carolina Chapter Leaders - Retired)
    Romeo and Juliet (the mischievous Dachshunds)
    2011 Landmark Grand Canyon (Code name - The Landmark Diner)
    HOC #1054
    2019 Ford F-350 DRW Crew Cab, 6.7L PowerStroke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2