The Beat Goes On

Thunderbolt

10-12-2017 Bring 2018 Cyclone 4005 in for warranty work
01-22-2018 Post on forum, anger gets better of me, post removed
01-22-2018 Heartland VP of Service notified of the time taken
01-24-2018 Called by Dane at dealership advised of repairs in progress
01-25-2018 Called by Heartland Customer Service, told all repairs approved
01-25-2018 RV in shop 105 days *** recalculated days due to 31 days in some months ****
01-26-2018 RV in shop 106 days
01-27-2018 RV in shop 107 days - called dealership - we have parts went to check with techs

I will update as things progress....

donr827

Over the years when I took my trailer in for repairs I would drop by the place once a week to make sure they are working on the trailer per agreement.
Don

Thunderbolt

Over the years when I took my trailer in for repairs I would drop by the place once a week to make sure they are working on the trailer per agreement.
Don

I did keep calling at first but received the same old answer. We are waiting on parts and/or Heartland to approve repairs. Sent emails, finally got answer on one email and a copy of the work order. Hoping to have it next Saturday if the dealer does as they said they will.

Lynn1130

It is too late now because the dealer already has your trailer but there are several recent threads with complaints about dealing with dealers and the problems related. As I mentioned in one of those threads few of us who have taken a unit in to a dealer will do that again. Heartland will authorize an independent repair shop to do repairs and most of the companies who supply parts for the trailer also authorize independents to do warranty work. There is no need to take it to a dealer unless you have found one that does quick and exception work. If not then you are just asking for the frustration that you have experienced.

Thunderbolt

It is too late now because the dealer already has your trailer but there are several recent threads with complaints about dealing with dealers and the problems related. As I mentioned in one of those threads few of us who have taken a unit in to a dealer will do that again. Heartland will authorize an independent repair shop to do repairs and most of the companies who supply parts for the trailer also authorize independents to do warranty work. There is no need to take it to a dealer unless you have found one that does quick and exception work. If not then you are just asking for the frustration that you have experienced.

Wish I had known that... The dealer says they will have it repaired and returned to me by Saturday.

mlpeloquin

Wish I had known that... The dealer says they will have it repaired and returned to me by Saturday.

Better inspect prior to signing any paperwork. Heartland has payed for the work and most likely will not pay again. Look at it closely and make sure they did not mess anything else up like the cabinet finish, flooring, slide seals, exterior paint, etc.. You are on your own if you don't.

Thunderbolt

02-01-2018 Rv has been in the shop 112 days

On Monday, 1-29-2018 called Dealership and was told they have all parts in and will bring trailer in shop to "work on it". Service person said that the service manager would call me on Wednesday, 1-31-2018 and let me know where they were with the repairs. Wednesday came and went without a call. Called today and got the "All service personnel are with another customer, may I take your name and have them call you?" Gave the phone operator my name, phone number, and said the trailer had been there 111 days. That was at 1:57 pm CST.

Thunderbolt

The 2018 Cyclone 4005 has been in the shop for 112 days.

The dealership called me back today, 2/1/2018. The young lady said that they did not have all of the parts in, that Dane, the service manager was off today, and that she would have to talk to the techs to find out where the repairs were at.

Note, on Saturday, 1-27-2018, Dane the service manager called me and said that they had all of the parts in and were going to bring the trailer in the shop and make the remaining repairs.

I called the dealership on Monday late in the day to find out the status on the trailer. I was told they were waiting on parts, they had broken the kitchen sink faucet, they had broken the strip lighting on the bar but the parts had come in, and that Dane would call me on Wednesday.

No call Wednesday.

Finally today the the young lady called me back and told me they had to order the kitchen sink faucet and if it was under warranty, then I would not have to pay for it. At this point my vision is narrowing and turning pink. As gracious as I could be, I said the trailer had been in their care for 112 days and it was under warranty. Then she said that the parts for the stove had not come in, but if I wanted to I could use a Bic lighter to light it. By now my vision is solid red. I asked her if she had any idea when the repairs would be completed. She said she did not but would have Dane call me in the morning. She did say the decals for the outside had come in. Thanked her and hung up.

The check list for pick up grows and grows....and the beat goes on, la doty da, la doty da.....

klp605

The 2018 Cyclone 4005 has been in the shop for 112 days.

The dealership called me back today, 2/1/2018. The young lady said that they did not have all of the parts in, that Dane, the service manager was off today, and that she would have to talk to the techs to find out where the repairs were at.

Note, on Saturday, 1-27-2018, Dane the service manager called me and said that they had all of the parts in and were going to bring the trailer in the shop and make the remaining repairs.

The check list for pick up grows and grows....and the beat goes on, la doty da, la doty da.....

You may already be aware, but in case you are not. Call Heartland with the last 6 of your VIN and ask for "Warranty for the state of ____" They will tell you if any parts are on back order or not yet shipped. Heartland will also tell you the exact day's claims were submitted and approved. If your Heartland warranty rep is as good as WI's, they will also call and light a fire on CW.

The other thing I strongly recommend is to go to the service counter of your CW and request a print out for ALL "Shop Work Orders". If it is not convenient to go to CW, they can email it/them to you in a PDF form. This will tell you exactly what is still active, approved, denied, etc. I attached a screen shot of one of my pages. There typically is at least 2 Shop Work Orders. One from when CW first received the unit from the factory and did their check in. The second from your PDI.

Attachments

• Work Order CW.jpg
    Work Order CW.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 56

Thunderbolt

Received a call from Dane the service manager on 2/4/18 at 1430 in the afternoon to tell us the trailer was ready. Unfortunately, the Addis Mardi Gras parade was in full swing and it rings in the middle part of the town. So we were not able to leave to pick up the trailer. I rescheduled for 2/5/18 which was Monday. This was at 114 days in the shop.

On Monday, 2/5/18, with the trailer having been in the shop 116 days, we drove to the Breaux Bridge to pick up the trailer at Dixie. We arrived and meet Myra, our service rep who was new but had previous experience at Dixie and was an RV person. Trailer had been washed and was plugged in. We started in on the list of items that were to be repaired. First thing that I did was to disconnect the power to the trailer and test the batteries with a meter. Without shore power all of the lights on the 12v system when off. Batteries checked out. I turned the battery disconnect several times but nothing. Tried to start the generator, nothing. Turned the battery disconnect to the off position then back on. Still nothing. Myra had called on of the techs to come look at the trailer.

Tech arrived and did something near the batteries and the generator would then crank. Took several tries but finally the generator started. The lights on the 12v system had come on in the trailer.

Back to the trailer. Continue with the checklist until we get to where the flooring in the slide out in front of the stove had come loose. Nothing had been done to that. Next items says that the faucet to the sink in the kitchen was found "laying on the counter". I was lucky in that I had taken pictures of everything when we dropped the trailer off for service. Rest of the items were done. Then we came to the sound bar. Paperwork indicated that Heartland sent a system without a radio option. Dixie sent it back and Heartland sent a Samsung system with a radio option. Rest of the repairs were good.

While checking the trailer I opened the front compartment and found the left over sections of trim on the bar in the in kitchen. Also was a subwoofer that we had no idea where it came from or where it was supposed to go. Unless it was behind one of the sofas I had no idea where it went. Myra told us that it came with the Samsung unit. Looked like it had sat in a storage area for a long time. Still have no idea where it goes.

Based on the fact that the repairs were not completely we left the trailer at the dealer. Myra said that she spoke to Dane, the service manager, and they will bring the trailer in the shop and fix the last item and will call me on Wednesday when the trailer is ready. That will make 119 days in the shop.

MCTalley

Dixie is a Camping world in Louisiana Malcom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah. I didn't realize they were. The Dixie RV in Florida where we bought our first rig didn't have a CW affiliation. That would explain the multitude of complaints I've heard about Dixie's service. They did OK by us on our only service call back in 2013, but they were a new location back then and probably were still eager to please the customer.