Replacing theater seating in our Ashland

busted2341

When ordering never order sight unseen!

We have had our Ashland for just over 2 years and have replaced the theater seating twice. The first under warranty and now it had fallen completely apart, breaking around staples splitting wood etc. The metal frame was the only survivor. This being said, I contacted Heartland and asked for some help in purchasing a matching replacement piece so our furniture would match the couch. Below is the email sent back to heartland with the result.

"We received the seating today and I know you went out of your way to assist even though you were not obligated to. I thank you for that. However I also trusted HL and you when matching the "close Match" leather to our original furniture since I never received any "swatch" or anything. I assumed the type, style and color were found on an original invoice and matched. I went out of my comfort zone and ordered what I believed to be a replacement piece without the electric recline, sight unseen, believing Heartland knew what was supposed to go into a $125k Landmark 365. What I received was a wrong color, cheap beginner seat that appears to belong in a start up unit. Not leather, no design and certainly not anywhere near as plush as ORGINAL furniture. I cannot tell you how disappointed we are. I explained to Lindsey, and made it clear what we wanted and she said it was not a problem. Well it is. Since our original furniture has been broken and not functional after 2 years and we are tired of sitting on lawn chairs I DID make another mistake and accepted delivery. I am out the $759. paid to Heartland and now will be out the $900 to replace this cheap stuff. I will pay to get furniture due in a Landmark. Had I been told by Lindsey the leather could not be done and the color could not be matched, I would have thanked everyone for trying and moved on.

DISAPPOINTED in and embarrassed for Heartland that this cheap stuff was even offered to be put in my Landmark."

Attachments

• 20180129_121332.jpg
    20180129_121332.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 188

lynndiwagoner

I'm not sure any of that RV furniture is real leather. I ended up replacing the theater seating with two nice lazyboy rocker recliners and a nice table to go between them. MUCH more comfortable. Sorry to hear about your problems, but Heartland probably doesn't manufacture any of the furniture.

Mark-Roberta 051995

I feel your pain. I hope it does not resinate to ours since we are waiting on a replacement from the factory on our theater seating. Ours is a 2017 LM 365 Charleston and the company that has agreed to the replacement is LCI. HL has sent the request to them and they agreed and will send the replacement. I am hopeful that we get the same color, same quality and it all matches.

I would be furious to find out that yours did not match and HL does not want to do anything to fix it. Maybe they will step up and do right. If you went out and bought something at a store and had it shipped to the house and the product was not what you ordered it can be returned and replaced so why can't HL do the same thing at their expense?

Keep us posted.

busted2341

Good question but I was told this was MADE for me, I am out of warranty so I am just screwed since it was paid for prior to seeing anything. Will be on the phone this morning to see if a return/refund is possible. I doubt HL will pay to ship it back so I think the dumpster will be filled and I am out the $759 I spent! A HL representative I emailed knew my rig, since we ordered it through him, HL has my VIN and paperwork so they SHOULD know what furniture I have so why this was all wrong just infuriates me and the wife.

I feel your pain. I hope it does not resinate to ours since we are waiting on a replacement from the factory on our theater seating. Ours is a 2017 LM 365 Charleston and the company that has agreed to the replacement is LCI. HL has sent the request to them and they agreed and will send the replacement. I am hopeful that we get the same color, same quality and it all matches.

I would be furious to find out that yours did not match and HL does not want to do anything to fix it. Maybe they will step up and do right. If you went out and bought something at a store and had it shipped to the house and the product was not what you ordered it can be returned and replaced so why can't HL do the same thing at their expense?

Keep us posted.

Mark-Roberta 051995

Good question but I was told this was MADE for me, I am out of warranty so I am just screwed since it was paid for prior to seeing anything. Will be on the phone this morning to see if a return/refund is possible. I doubt HL will pay to ship it back so I think the dumpster will be filled and I am out the $759 I spent! A HL representative I emailed knew my rig, since we ordered it through him, HL has my VIN and paperwork so they SHOULD know what furniture I have so why this was all wrong just infuriates me and the wife.

If you find out that they indeed ordered the seating based on your VIN # / paperwork then someone at HL or LCI messed up and should pay to replace it or refund the moneis spent. Do't let this go - keep pushing with facts and supporting evidence and you should come out OK.

Mark

dave10a

I was surprised that the furniture in my Landmark was not the quality I expected. The couch on mine is peeling and I hope it does not get any worse before I sell it. I am surprised at how cheaply the furniture is built. Maybe Heartland should offer an option to upgrade the over-all quality. I would be willing to pay the extra cost.

busted2341

As I said I would do, I called Heartland and spoke with those folks in parts that order the seat. In the end and after photos, I was told it was approved by Andy, the Representative so I need to get back with him. I forwarded that email. We'll see if I get a response.

Mark-Roberta 051995

I received my Sales Confirmation Report from HL for my replacement theater seating that is under warrnaty. It supposedly shipped on 1/30/18 to my dealer. I will keep everyone posted if the color and style is the same as I have currently.

NYSUPstater

Not to be a wise azz, but you ought to see what the selectors pick out of the slots and put onto pallets when picking an order at our distribution center. All they do is go to the slot and grab the item. Don't pay attention to what the product actually is to what sticker says it's supposed to be. Case of napkins picked, sticker says tomato sauce. What I don't get w/ HL is that if you provided them w/ the VIN and all, they have ALL the info about that coach in their system right down to the nuts and bolts. I don't see how they said that the replacement seats were of the same color when clearly they are not! Also noticed too that it appears the seats have pull loops to open the leg rests. I would have thought being a LM it would have been electric. Have been in RV's that have Lazy-e-Boy seats and wasn't impressed w/ them. Too narrow and had to rock it backwards in order to have it "lock" in place w/ leg rest up or recline. I'd rather have a side lever to activate the leg rest and then push back on arms to recline. Our BC has Thomas Payne seats and couch which I believe is a LCI brand. So far so good. Is it the best? Don't know. Time for replacement and to what to get for replacement---dunno. Keep us updated on your progress.

busted2341

Everything now is halted as I have been told I MUST talk to Andy because he authorized the sending. Problem is, I am sure he is busy with shows and selling season. Emailed him twice so far and I have heard nothing. Next step for me is emailing President of company. I am sure he has an email!

rdgt67

My 2015 key west recliners were junk. They were made by lippert and half of the brads werent even in wood. I replaced them with Thomas payne and hope it is better quality. Having said that heartland stepped up to the plate and even sent me a check to replace the recliners. What disappoints me is the vendors just about every builder uses. Dometic, lippert, etc should have refined the quality process by now. We are all plagued with spots of poor workmanship and i over paid for my trailer. I try to overlook some issues as heartland has really stepped up to the plate in resolving my issues. Yes value decreases faster than a barrel over Niagara falls in that i can buy an 18 for less than I owe... amazing. Sorry, i was on a soap box.

BusManRG

We had an issue with the hinge mechanism on our theater seating while still under warranty. Our service tech called Heartland and was given approval to replace the seats, however they would no longer be able to get a match to our color. Heartland stepped up and offered to replace both the sofa and the theater seating so that we would have matching pieces in our Big Horn. I thought that was generous and the right thing to do. The only problem is that I really do not like any of the color choices and neither choice coordinates well with the rest of the interior color scheme. At this point we are choosing to not replace the furniture and possibly buy residential furniture in a year or two. I hope you have a good resolution to your problem as I felt Heartland was willing to do right by us, I’m the one choosing to wait.

Sandy

NYSUPstater

We had an issue with the hinge mechanism on our theater seating while still under warranty. Our service tech called Heartland and was given approval to replace the seats, however they would no longer be able to get a match to our color. Heartland stepped up and offered to replace both the sofa and the theater seating so that we would have matching pieces in our Big Horn. I thought that was generous and the right thing to do. The only problem is that I really do not like any of the color choices and neither choice coordinates well with the rest of the interior color scheme. At this point we are choosing to not replace the furniture and possibly buy residential furniture in a year or two. I hope you have a good resolution to your problem as I felt Heartland was willing to do right by us, I’m the one choosing to wait.

Sandy

This may be waaaaaaay off base here, but if you don't take HL offer for their furniture, is it possible then for them to compensate you some portion of "aftermarket" furniture? Just asking. Doesn't have to be full amount, just something. 100 bucks would be better than nothing.

travlingman

Had an issue with one side of our theater seating we brought up after owning 3 years. Heartland agreed to replace the one side. LCI sent replacement and the color was a different shade than what we had. Contacted LCI, sent pictures and they said they would find correct color. 2 months later recieved a complete set, both chairs and center piece. Perfectly matched the couch. 2 weeks later, freight company showed up with another set. Called LCI to ship back, they said to keep as the shipping cost more than the furniture.

busted2341

More than a week, nothing from Heartland. So I am trying to get an email chain through the BOD or CEO, CFO etc..Anyone who would have permission to allow a refund or something, maybe even just an answer. Any Ideas?

busted2341

Re: Replacing theater seating in our Ashland-RESOLVED

After working with Andy, we came to a mutual agreement of resolution. I must say I have been a Heartland customer since 2006 with my first Big Horn and have had 4 Heartland products throughout the years. Although I, as others, get a bit upset and vent, I have always been taken care of to my satisfaction. I know the company has changed from the one on one personal company it started to be when I purchased my first 2006 Big Horn to the corporation it is now where personal service might be a little lacking, but Andy took this on when he really didn't need to and did not disappoint. To Andy we thank you. His personal involvement made me and my wife happy with more from Heartland then was expected.

On a side note, we did advise Andy to let the factory folks know that after 2 1/2 years of ownership we have had no major issues with our Ashland, which has almost 20k miles on it now.

BillGott

We had an issue with the theater seats in our Charleston. The side arms are only connected to the base flat metal frames on the bottom providing no support. The arms started to lean out within a few months. We were going through the hydraulic line fiasco so we decided to replace them ourselves. We looked at furniture stores and Lazy Boy. If I had deeper pockets the Lazy Boy would have been our choice. We found real leather power recliners at Costco for 499 each and the fit with 2 inches to spare. The have storage under both arm rests including 110 and usb (2 each) connections. They are perfect for us as we are getting ready to become 1/2 timers.

Cholo

We had an issue with the theater seats in our Charleston. The side arms are only connected to the base flat metal frames on the bottom providing no support. The arms started to lean out within a few months. We were going through the hydraulic line fiasco so we decided to replace them ourselves. We looked at furniture stores and Lazy Boy. If I had deeper pockets the Lazy Boy would have been our choice. We found real leather power recliners at Costco for 499 each and the fit with 2 inches to spare. The have storage under both arm rests including 110 and usb (2 each) connections. They are perfect for us as we are getting ready to become 1/2 timers.

Did you have any issues getting them into your Landmark?