LED Safety "Flares"

Oregon_Camper

OK...I'm clearly not as wise as a lot of folks on the forum, but I didn't know these LED Flares even existed unit about 4 weeks ago....now I can't say enough about them.

Not only are these great for having in your vehicle, in case of an emergency along a road, but they are also great for hikers (think how easy it would be for rescue helicopter to spot you with one of these at night!) and bicyclist, motorcycle riders, boaters, etc....

Even if you don't want to see the video entire video (6 mins) take 1 minute and watch the opening. This was my son's idea, as he is always saying how "old school" I am. So, Justin (my son) came up with the humorous opening to the video. Hope you get a kick out of it...:)

Link to Video on YouTube

Link to Blog to read about LED Flares...then you can click the link from there to watch video.

Image 1.jpg

Lynn1130

Nice idea. I see dead batteries when you need it or something else to try to remember to charge or change batteries. I carry chemical snap flares. I am not too worried if a semi runs over one of those.

jimtoo

The magnet mounting will not work on probably over 95% of RVs and a lot of cars and pickups also. Almost RVs and a lot of pickup outer panels is now plastic, fiberglass panels with aluminum frame work.

Oregon_Camper

The magnet mounting will not work on probably over 95% of RVs and a lot of cars and pickups also. Almost RVs and a lot of pickup outer panels is now plastic, fiberglass panels with aluminum frame work.

Trailer is in storage...can't test it.

Just placed 4 of them on my Truck (2015 F-350) and my Volvo.....they attached no problem. :)

If trailer doesn't work, then I know for sure I have the propane heater vent that it metal on the driver side.

Capture.jpg

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Simple enough to bend a thin piece of sheet steel to hang it from the ladder or over the license plate frame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

I just purchased some o these to carry in case of emergencies at night. Mine are to placed in front and rear of vehicles on the ground. I've tried them and they work great. Thought about ordering more but 3 is enough. This all started in my endeavor to get my Class A DL. Remember the 10', 100', 200' to 500'. The 3 flare placements on a one way road. Don't want to stick them all over my truck to look like an emergency vehicle. Your emergency flashers along with thexe ground markers are just what we need.

david-steph2018

You can get these at Lowes or Menards. I bought 6 of them. Instead of buying online I got mine from Menards. This why you can test them before walking out of the store. I had seen so many stories were people had bought these and then only 2 out of 3 worked.

wdk450

When I worked for the big regional University medical center in Sacramento, we had a helicopter air transport service for many years. One summer's day the helicopter was called to fly to Oroville, about 80 miles North East of Sacramento for a transport from their hospital to our 7 ICU facility. Well, the local fire department set up a landing zone in a nearby field, marked it with regular burning flares, AND SET THE FIELD ON FIRE!!! The helo had to land at the local airport and have the patient ambulance transported to them.