PullRite OE Series Ford Super 5th 25K hitch

Sniper

Oh. Not saying that. The puck system would be automatically rated for what ever Ford rates the truck at. I'm saying the Andersen ultimate hitch is rated at 24000 lb and 4500 lb tongue weight.

https://andersenhitches.com/Catalog/ultimate-5th-wheel-connection.aspx
Oh ok got cha now. LOL As the Andersen goes I'm just not real interested plus the new truck sits MUCH higher I'm already worried about bed clearance and sitting level and tho I may be wrong, it appears to me that the king pin adapter would add even more height. Also I heard (although I have not really researched it so I can't say for sure) that the Andersen won't work with Morryde pin box. :)

Bones

Oh ok got cha now. LOL As the Andersen goes I'm just not real interested plus the new truck sits MUCH higher I'm already worried about bed clearance and sitting level and tho I may be wrong, it appears to me that the king pin adapter would add even more height. Also I heard (although I have not really researched it so I can't say for sure) that the Andersen won't work with Morryde pin box. :)

I have the Morryde and I'm considering the Anderson. I haven't heard anything that said I couldn't use the Morryde

Sniper

I have the Morryde and I'm considering the Anderson. I haven't heard anything that said I couldn't use the Morryde
Bones I have no idea we heard that at an RV show last month at one of the hitch sales booth so of course they were going to give every reason in the book to go with their product. I didn't dig that far into it so as said I have no idea. If I were leaning that way I would would just call Andersen to be sure. I'm interested in the hitch in the title because B & W don't make one rated to meet the Commanders requirements. I'm simply maintenance and security. LOL :)

Bones

Bones I have no idea we heard that at an RV show last month at one of the hitch sales booth so of course they were going to give every reason in the book to go with their product. I didn't dig that far into it so as said I have no idea. If I were leaning that way I would would just call Andersen to be sure. I'm interested in the hitch in the title because B & W don't make one rated to meet the Commanders requirements. I'm simply maintenance and security. LOL :)

Good luck and I definitely agree with getting the heaviest rated hitch you can so you Ensure you can tow what you may get next.

Sniper

So I started to do a little research that read if you had a morryde and wanted to use an Andersen you needed to install this adapter from Morryde but then Morryde says using it may damage the frame structure and they will not be responsible if it does. http://www.morryde.com/downloads/instructions/Gooseneck Adaptor Installation Instructions.pdf You may want to verify all this before spending any bucks I'd call Andersen then Morryde. Good luck. :)

Bones

So I started to do a little research that read if you had a morryde and wanted to use an Andersen you needed to install this adapter from Morryde but then Morryde says using it may damage the frame structure and they will not be responsible if it does. http://www.morryde.com/downloads/instructions/Gooseneck Adaptor Installation Instructions.pdf You may want to verify all this before spending any bucks I'd call Andersen then Morryde. Good luck. :)

That's for a goosneck adapter. This hitch is not considered a goose neck adapter.

61k-CMGeQEL._SY355_.jpg
This is a goose neck adapter.

This is the Anderson connection
img_162930_0_b05111ab99d89b621eca990c1914f81c.jpg

Sniper

That's for a goosneck adapter. This hitch is not considered a goose neck adapter.

View attachment 56429
This is a goose neck adapter.

This is the Anderson connection
View attachment 56430

Gotcha. Like I said just going by what I read last night on another forum that specifically said Andersen told him to use this adapter https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/28597571/gotomsg/28597752.cfm but again I haven't talked to Andersen or Morryde concerning this. Just passing along some things I've heard and now read. The Andersen is becoming a popular option so I'm sure it will be good to go. Now if I could just find as many reviews on this PullRite I'm looking at. :)

Bones

Gotcha. Like I said just going by what I read last night on another forum that specifically said Andersen told him to use this adapter https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/28597571/gotomsg/28597752.cfm but again I haven't talked to Andersen or Morryde concerning this. Just passing along some things I've heard and now read. The Andersen is becoming a popular option so I'm sure it will be good to go. Now if I could just find as many reviews on this PullRite I'm looking at. :)

I'm not sure. I read through the article.

Sniper

I'm not sure. I read through the article.
I couldn't get through the whole post because of how quickly things went from what the post was about to a 3rd grade name calling contest. (makes you really appreciate this forum :))

Bones

I couldn't get through the whole post because of how quickly things went from what the post was about to a 3rd grade name calling contest. (makes you really appreciate this forum :))

Yeah it was bad and thus ruined any type of credibility they had.

Sniper

Well we ordered the hitch this evening. Supposed to be here in 2-5 working days. I'll give a full report. :D

1400.jpg

Kbvols

Just got a call from the carrier it is schedule to be delivered tomorrow (14 Mar) NLT 1300 hrs! Stand by....:cool:
Awesome. Now when is the new RV coming? You know The Commander will call a "guy" and have one delivered.

Sniper

Finally got it unpacked and inventoried. :)

hitch inventory.jpg

Everything was present and in perfect condition! We bought the hitch from Dyer's http://www.dyersonline.com we have purchased from them before and their price was competitive as well as great customer service. It came via R & L Carriers and they were fantastic as well. Installation is next! :D

Kbvols

Steve nice hitch but you have work to do. I happened to come across the Commanders duty list for you. Your almost done.

Commander's general orders:
New truck: check
Widen Drive: check
Order HD hitch : check
Install hitch:
Call a guy: Commander's duty
Pick up new RV:
Show off new rig at rally: