PullRite OE Series Ford Super 5th 25K hitch

Sniper

Soooo, thought I had the new hitch set up all figured out for our new Super Duty (thanks Jerrod :)) however the Commander has stated that we will purchase a new hitch that is capable of towing any 5th wheel trailer that the new truck can haul just in case she gets a wild hair (and since she just had me widen the driveway that wild hair may really be itching her). i will just let the B & W go with our "Old Faithful" 01 Super Duty when we sell her.

Anyone using the PullRite OE Series? I can find lots of reviews on their slider hitches but nothing on their OE Series. They are made in the USA too which I like. Any info appreciated. http://www.pullrite.com/products/oe-series-hitches-pullrite/pullrite-oe-series-25k

Safe travels everyone. :)

Last edited:

jeeptchr

Soooo, thought I had the new hitch set up all figured out for our new Super Duty (thanks Jerrod :)) however the Commander has stated that we will purchase a new hitch that is capable of towing any 5th wheel trailer that the new truck can haul just in case she gets a wild hair (and since she just had me widen the driveway that wild hair may really be itching her). i will just let the B & W go with our "Old Faithful" 01 Super Duty when we sell her.

Anyone using the PullRite OE Series? I can find lots of reviews on their slider hitches but nothing on their OE Series. They are made in the USA too which I like. Any info appreciated. http://www.pullrite.com/products/oe-series-hitches-pullrite/pullrite-oe-series-25k

I’m not using a Pullrite, but if you are interested in a Factory Ford optioned 26.5k Reese Elite I have one that came out of my ‘13 that I don’t need anymore, I’d be pretty reasonable on it. (Haven’t got it posted in the for sale section yet.)

Sniper

I’m not using a Pullrite, but if you are interested in a Factory Ford optioned 26.5k Reese Elite I have one that came out of my ‘13 that I don’t need anymore, I’d be pretty reasonable on it. (Haven’t got it posted in the for sale section yet.)
Thanks but I'm not interested in the Reese (the dealer tried to sell us one when we bought the truck lol) If you don't mind me asking what did you replace the Reese with? Good luck with getting it sold and safe travels. :)

jeeptchr

No worries, just wanted to put it out there. I do like the Pullrite design. I'm really wanting to replace it with a ts3, but haven't figured out if we'll use the camper enough to cough up the cash for it(and deal with taking it in and out as I have gooseneck trailers also. So in the interim I have two options readily available. The Reese, which i don't mind it, pulls and connects/disconnects fine. The floppy head annoys me more than anything when I'm unloaded and just running around.

and just because I already have it my other option is to buy the B&W base for the truck and swap my companion head over from my setup I had in my '99 ( didn't sell the hitch with the truck), a base is only $440.00 and use the same head which doesn't have a thousand miles on it. If the truck I bought wouldn't have had the reese in it, I would already have the companion base bought.
Honestly, I'll probably go this way as I do like the B&W stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sniper

No worries, just wanted to put it out there. I do like the Pullrite design. I'm really wanting to replace it with a ts3, but haven't figured out if we'll use the camper enough to cough up the cash for it(and deal with taking it in and out as I have gooseneck trailers also. So in the interim I have two options readily available. The Reese, which i don't mind it, pulls and connects/disconnects fine. The floppy head annoys me more than anything when I'm unloaded and just running around.

and just because I already have it my other option is to buy the B&W base for the truck and swap my companion head over from my setup I had in my '99 ( didn't sell the hitch with the truck), a base is only $440.00 and use the same head which doesn't have a thousand miles on it. If the truck I bought wouldn't have had the reese in it, I would already have the companion base bought.
Honestly, I'll probably go this way as I do like the B&W stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Swapping out the base was our original plan (thanks Jerrod) but then the Commander around here said "make sure you get a hitch that will be able to haul anything the new truck can handle just in case I get a wild hair" Well there are 4 other toy haulers she is snooping around 3 of the have a GVWR of 20K and one of them 24k soooo here I am. LOL :)

travlingman

Had a B&W in the last truck, and went with a Curt Q25 in my 2017 Ford to get the heavier rating. It is rated at 24K which should handle any 5er we look at. I am very happy with it so far. I like that the head will articulate 360 degrees verses most every one elses whos moves front to back and side to side only. Indicator on hitching makes it easy to know when correctly hooked up. Breaks into 2 pieces to take out.

DirtyMax88

We have the Pullrite 24k ISR. It has been great, with zero issues, going on 3 years now. The king pin jaw wraps completely around the kind pin, and locks in. We really like this feature. Literally takes a minute to hitch up, back in, jaw locks and the arm release locks (very easy to hear this and see), and hook up the breakaway. Off you go. There is zero guessing if it's locked, unlike some of the hitches on the market. Absolutely recommend.

Sniper

We have the Pullrite 24k ISR. It has been great, with zero issues, going on 3 years now. The king pin jaw wraps completely around the kind pin, and locks in. We really like this feature. Literally takes a minute to hitch up, back in, jaw locks and the arm release locks (very easy to hear this and see), and hook up the breakaway. Off you go. There is zero guessing if it's locked, unlike some of the hitches on the market. Absolutely recommend.
Thanks. I assume the coupling is of the same design across their lineup. Much appreciated. :)

- - - Updated - - -

No you didn't miss anything. I thought they mfr'd a hitch bigger than their 20k Companion......they don't :-(.
If B & W made a 24-25k my choice would have already been made. :)

Sniper

Interesting, I was thinking about it, and I thought my B&W head was 25k. This is the model of the head I bought. it says it's 25k with vertical load of 6,250. https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/B-and-W/BWRVC3006.html
All of the companion bases are 20k except for the flatbed base which is 22k. I'm curious why the head is rated higher than the bases.
That is odd I think they (etrailer) may be adding B & W listed specs of 20K Gross trailer weight and 5k Vehicle tongue weight to get that number maybe? I'm on the B&W site and I can't find a 25k listed anywhere on it. Oh well. :)

NYSUPstater

FWIW, I called B&W on this very topic today as I told them it was brought up in a RV forum and the fact that B&W doesn't have a hitch rated higher than 20k. Lady I spoke w/ agreed on the no higher rating and said she wasn't aware of anything "coming down the pipeline for higher rating" and went onto say she'd pass along my thoughts cuz I told her some RV's are above the 20k mark.

Sniper

FWIW, I called B&W on this very topic today as I told them it was brought up in a RV forum and the fact that B&W doesn't have a hitch rated higher than 20k. Lady I spoke w/ agreed on the no higher rating and said she wasn't aware of anything "coming down the pipeline for higher rating" and went onto say she'd pass along my thoughts cuz I told her some RV's are above the 20k mark.
20k indeed covers the vast majority of 5th wheels out there and with B & W catching a large share of that market perhaps they see little need to invest in design and manufacture of higher weight rated hitches at this time. We really like the B & W but I'm needing something they don't offer as of now and I'm trying to stick with a made in the USA product. Thanks for the extra research on the matter too. :)

Bones

20k indeed covers the vast majority of 5th wheels out there and with B & W catching a large share of that market perhaps they see little need to invest in design and manufacture of higher weight rated hitches at this time. We really like the B & W but I'm needing something they don't offer as of now and I'm trying to stick with a made in the USA product. Thanks for the extra research on the matter too. :)

There are 5th wheels that are in the range of 24k.

Bones

That is exactly the reason I started this thread, I am looking for feedback on the PullRite OE series Ford Super 5th 25K hitch. :)

I don't have an Anderson but I do see it is rated for 24k. I also noticed the Ram puck system is rated at 25k and not the ford. I wonder what the difference is?

Bones