Entry Level Camper???

jerryjay11

Thanks! I will look into a couple local dealers that carry Heartland products. They are 20 minutes closer and the drive isn't as bad. Just didn't realize they carried Heartland products until recently.

BusManRG

Thanks! I will look into a couple local dealers that carry Heartland products. They are 20 minutes closer and the drive isn't as bad. Just didn't realize they carried Heartland products until recently.
The problem you’re going to have going to a dealer is that again, they’re more interested in sales than service, so any service they do will always be to their own purchasers first. It’s pretty lousy, but that’s the way it is and most of them are very honest about that. That doesn’t mean that you can’t go to another heartland dealer for service just understand most of them will service their own buyers first. I’m talking about a private RV repair shop. And if you can build a relationship with one it will really help in the future. Ask around for recommendations in your area and also call heartland. They will probably have a list of repair shops they have worked with in the past that they will share with you.

Sandy

jerryjay11

I am well aware dealers will service their sales customers first. Not a problem. Problem is finding a camper repair facility in Delaware other than dealer's shops.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If nothing else, contact a mobile technician to take a look at your roof. Even if he does a full recaulking job, you"ll still have many hundreds of $$ in your pocket. Now, if the problem is actually delamination of the rubber roof from the substrate, you might be in for some serious repairs. I've recaulked my roof areas several times since we've owned it and it's not that big of a deal. The Dicor self-leveling caulk flows on over the old (that's been cleaned). I like to use a plastic spatula to smooth it nicely before it starts to skin.

If they want to peel the old caulk from the rubber roof, they risk tearing the roof membrane. Dicor does not recommend peeling the old caulk off.

jerryjay11

If nothing else, contact a mobile technician to take a look at your roof. Even if he does a full recaulking job, you"ll still have many hundreds of $$ in your pocket. Now, if the problem is actually delamination of the rubber roof from the substrate, you might be in for some serious repairs. I've recaulked my roof areas several times since we've owned it and it's not that big of a deal. The Dicor self-leveling caulk flows on over the old (that's been cleaned). I like to use a plastic spatula to smooth it nicely before it starts to skin.

If they want to peel the old caulk from the rubber roof, they risk tearing the roof membrane. Dicor does not recommend peeling the old caulk off.
Wrong post, dude!