LCI remote control

rdufek

I have a 2015 BigHorn 3750FL and the Light switch on the remote is NOT attached to any light on my coach, verified by Heartland techs at the Goshen HOC Rally. They also stated they no longer incorporate the remote in the new coaches.

mlpeloquin

I would be interested in discussing your programming more if you are amiable to that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I will mail you my phone number. Here are the relays that I used on the circuit board. The light is not programmable. That was one confusing thing that I discovered. Here is the Lippert programming instructions as well.

Under Stair Light is automatically set.

Function Relay 1 Bedroom Slide
Function Relay 2 None
Function Relay 3 Awning
Function Relay 4 None
Function Relay 5 None
Function Relay 6 Landing Gear
Function Relay 7 Main Slide

View attachment Lippert Wirless Remote Instructions.pdf

Lou_and_Bette

When we first got our 3570RS that button didn’t do anything for us either and we didn’t have a separate switch for the step light. Took the rig in for a couple of minor issues corrections and after all was done tech told me they had to “switch connection at the main control box.” Didn’t fully understand what they meant but it works now. Since you have the separate switch for that light, that feature may not have been programmed in. I think it may be possible to program another light or function into the system.

Padiddle

When we first got our 3570RS that button didn’t do anything for us either and we didn’t have a separate switch for the step light. Took the rig in for a couple of minor issues corrections and after all was done tech told me they had to “switch connection at the main control box.” Didn’t fully understand what they meant but it works now. Since you have the separate switch for that light, that feature may not have been programmed in. I think it may be possible to program another light or function into the system.
We have the same unit and ours does nothing either. I hear a relay pick up behind the panel (click) but no actual function takes place. Would've been nice but I'm not worrying myself about it. Our step light is usually accidentally left on anyway.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

jbeletti

We have the same unit and ours does nothing either. I hear a relay pick up behind the panel (click) but no actual function takes place. Would've been nice but I'm not worrying myself about it. Our step light is usually accidentally left on anyway.

Funny you mention that. My step light has been on since May 2017 when I picked the coach up. I know there's a switch for it on the wall - just never think to turn it off as the light is so small and I only notice it on at night - when I'd want it on :)

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I hear a relay pick up behind the panel (click) but no actual function takes place.
If you hear a relay click then maybe you should check that out as there could be a pig tail or terminal that you could utilize.
Worth a shot.

Peace
Dave

mlpeloquin

The "LIGHT" relay control function is always on the remote. That is what I found out when I had to program a new remote. With a remote that has not been programmed, it is the only one on it and it cannot be changed or removed even after programming all the other functions. If a connection is suppose to be on that relay and it is connected to a different relay instead, then it would not function. The only way to tell is to get access to the control board with the relays and see. It isn't hard to figure out once you see the control board. If no light is connected on your rig, then it would be confusing.

Padiddle

The "LIGHT" relay control function is always on the remote. That is what I found out when I had to program a new remote. With a remote that has not been programmed, it is the only one on it and it cannot be changed or removed even after programming all the other functions. If a connection is suppose to be on that relay and it is connected to a different relay instead, then it would not function. The only way to tell is to get access to the control board with the relays and see. It isn't hard to figure out once you see the control board. If no light is connected on your rig, then it would be confusing.
Thanks. I'll take a look. If it's that easy or not that hard to figure out, I should be golden. Be nice to have it working.

Our pickup was broken into and our remote was stolen. Would we be able to replace it since Lippert no longer uses the remotes? We can no longer turn on the step light. The remote was our only option.

danemayer

Our pickup was broken into and our remote was stolen. Would we be able to replace it since Lippert no longer uses the remotes? We can no longer turn on the step light. The remote was our only option.

Have you tried calling Lippert Customer Service? Maybe they still sell the remotes. 866-524-7821

See if any of the remotes in this document look like what you had. Probably make the call go faster.

uncledon

Her chauffeur
The control board and relays are behind my switch panel. All relays are on that board. A few more than the remote has programmed into it. Had a fun time programming a replacement remote when mine went bad. I removed the switch panel to have access to the control board. This allowed me to finally make sense programming the remote from scratch. I have documented the programming so as to not have to figure it out should it happen again. Not all relays are used and not all are used in sequence. Some are bypassed which made programming a bit frustrating until I viewed the control board. I could actually add functions to the control by hooking up an unused relay and programming it. i have chosen not to.

Well I certainly dropped the ball on this thread. Sorry! After reading your post I dug in and found the LCI remote control board. It was pretty simple to determine the issue was that no lights were physically tied to the output of the light relay. I tied the awning light into it so we would have a light when we return after dark. Only downside is that since the relay can't act like a three-way switch, if the light is turned on with the remote, it must also be turned off with the remote or the switch won't function and vise versa.