Need another 2012 Grand Canyon Owner's input....

Keywestwego

Just purchased a "new to us" 2012 Landmark Grand Canyon. Great unit. However, trying to get the satellite to work is driving me crazy.

1. I have a Winegard G2 Carryout with 13.6vlt dc input.
2. I am using Dish network and a VIP211Z receiver.
3. I get full satellite when running from satellite antenna directly to Dish receiver.
4. I connect satellite antenna to left "satellite" plug in the UDC. In bedroom closet the jumper is from left connector to right "satellite" connector.
5. At entertainment center "satellite" cable run from "satellite" connector to Dish receiver and NOTHING.

Where am I messing up? Does anyone have a coax chart for the GC?

Thanks on the front end for any help.

Cliff

Last edited by a moderator:

rick-99

Direct from Heartland 1 week ago. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• Heartland Sat full cable FEL-5112-Layout1.pdf
    128.9 KB · Views: 30

rick-99

Don't have it installed, got the drawing so I can have antenna installed next month. The drawing is all the info I have right now. I'm sure someone else will reply with an answer soon. Have fun.

danemayer

Here's the nominal arrangement of the UDC connectors. But, it's very easy for manufacturing to connect them in the wrong order on the back of the UDC connectors. So try all of them.

Also, you'll want to check that the connections are tight and that the coax connectors are attached to the wires tightly. Also inspect for ground strands in contact with the center conductors.

Attachments

• Rushmore UDC COAX Wiring.pdf
    10.9 KB · Views: 15

Keywestwego

Thanks Dan.

Here's the nominal arrangement of the UDC connectors. But, it's very easy for manufacturing to connect them in the wrong order on the back of the UDC connectors. So try all of them.

Also, you'll want to check that the connections are tight and that the coax connectors are attached to the wires tightly. Also inspect for ground strands in contact with the center conductors.

Keywestwego

Well, I got it all working now.

1. Not sure if the person putting in the cable at the factory was inept or drunk. Bought a cable tracing tool at Lowes and traced all the cables.

2. Found two broken cable connections about midway along the run. So I fished new cable into the living room from the UDC connection.

3. From the entertainment center, in the living room, I ran an HDMI splitter from the receiver.

4. One HDMI cable was connected to the TV in the living room.

5. The other (50' HDMI) cable was fished underneath the RV to the bedroom. Had to drill some holes in from the basement and up through the tall cabinets on the right of the TV. The cable was housed in plastic wire sleeving the entire run. Each hole was drilled in the rear corner as far back as I could get in each cabinet section. Each hole was enclosed with a rubber grommet and silicone throughout the run.

6. We now have HDMI TV in both places. We only have one receiver so both TV's show the same thing. What I like is we listen to the 60's Satellite XM station and it is on throughout the RV now. The living room is run through our surround sound so better listening in the living room.

All this hot air to say, it can be done with a bit of patience and 15 margaritas!

Plenty more DIY projects ahead, but this one turned out good.

See y'all on the road.