First time owner - 21FBS

utahpilot

My wife and I finally bit the bullet and purchased a North Trail 21FBS. We absolutely love this camper. We have used it one time and had zero issues with the setup. Our 4 month old daughter suffered a life-threatening heart attack last year that almost took her from us. Once she got her clean bill of health from the doctors last Christmas we decided that as a family we were going to make the most of our time and not waste it away. That being said a camper was the perfect decision for spending time together and celebrating her recovery and our time together. It has been a learning curve getting all the equipment and accessories figured out but that's the beauty of rv'ing right?! Very grateful for this forum to help wade through the chaos :)

jbeletti

Congrats on your North Trail! Happy to hear it's just right for your family. Make some great memories with it.

MountainDon

My wife and I finally bit the bullet and purchased a North Trail 21FBS. We absolutely love this camper. We have used it one time and had zero issues with the setup. Our 4 month old daughter suffered a life-threatening heart attack last year that almost took her from us. Once she got her clean bill of health from the doctors last Christmas we decided that as a family we were going to make the most of our time and not waste it away. That being said a camper was the perfect decision for spending time together and celebrating her recovery and our time together. It has been a learning curve getting all the equipment and accessories figured out but that's the beauty of rv'ing right?! Very grateful for this forum to help wade through the chaos :)

Welcome!

We bought our 21FBS in October ( 3 days before i ruptured by bicep tendon ) and are now planning our 2018 trips.

We too absolutely love this trailer

Don & Jane

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congrats on your North Trail! A 2008 21FBS was our first trailer, our introduction to the Heartland family. We moved up in size, but still love memories we made in the North Trail!

dc7c81835593842ffade66707918a843.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avvidclif

Just one question Erika. Have you ever figured out how much you would have saved by starting out where you are now vs the steps up? I started to and it scared me.

2009 SOB 25' BP
2011 Crossroads 30' 5th
2013 Crossroads 33' 5th
2015 Heartland Cyclone 5th TH

Same truck throughout but it does need training wheels.

I guess that's why they call your first one an entry level, it has nothing to do with quality but it's all about amenities, nicer furniture, bigger fridge, etc etc. Going camping you get to see a lot of different RV's with different setups and the "wanna bug" bites hard.

3 years on this one and I can't find anything I would replace it with. Maybe it's the end of the trail. (Dreaming)

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired

Welcome to the Heartland Family! You are going to love the NorthTrail....my first was the 24FBS...super trailer.
I look forward to seeing you at a future rally and Thanks for Joining the HOC "Heartland Owners Club" and the Utah Chapter...
I have sent Jeff & Kim a copy of your PM to me.
Safe Travels.

jhardin

Congratulations! If I could go back in time, family camping would be at the top of the list. Praying for health, enjoyment and a lifetime of memories for you and your family.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

skozub01

Welcome to the forum. It’s great you will get to spend time together as a family and build a long string of amazing memories. It was a big reason we bought and RV too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CruzTerri

Congratulations. My husband and I purchased a 2018 North Trail Caliber 22FBS. We're in the process of provisioning it now. Next big purchase will be a hitch.
Have to look over where to go for our first trip. We lucked out with a great buy on our tow vehicle.

Now we get to learn all about diesel engines. :)

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

Enjoy that NorthTrail and Enjoy that Family!!

NTNewbie

We bought a 2017 21FBS earlier this year. It is in great condition. We have gone out once and it performed like a champ. We are looking forward to our next trip in the near future. I do have a question for fellow 21FBS owners. We have a mystery switch in the main area, next to the awning and other switches. We found the switch that turns on the light beneath the stairs. But this last one is a mystery. Based on reading of some threads I believe this may be a switch for either outside outlet or awning lights. Can you confirm?

NTNewbie

I discovered what this switch is for. it was for the awning lights, I did not realize they are on the cylinder at the end of the awning.