2019 - Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Desertsky

I was looking at the fairgrounds map and something struck me. All of the 30A sites seem to be water and electric only. All of the 50A sites are water, electric and sewer. I understand that the map is from the 2017 rally. Has something changed or is the map mislabeled? I really don't want to have to go 11 days without dumping my black tank. This seems to be confirmed by the Elkhart County 4H Fairground camping web site.

Also, Draft Horse North doesn't seem to have any hookups according to Google Maps satellite view.

carl.swoyer

I was looking at the fairgrounds map and something struck me. All of the 30A sites seem to be water and electric only. All of the 50A sites are water, electric and sewer. I understand that the map is from the 2017 rally. Has something changed or is the map mislabeled? I really don't want to have to go 11 days without dumping my black tank. This seems to be confirmed by the Elkhart County 4H Fairground camping web site.

Also, Draft Horse North doesn't seem to have any hookups according to Google Maps satellite view.
I personally have not attended, but I think there's a pump out service?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders

According to these documents 281 FHU sites.
Describes the location and number of sites and utilities.
https://heartlandowners.org/rally/2019/2019_General_Campsite-Camp_Area_Information.pdf
https://heartlandowners.org/rally/2019/2019_Specific_Campsite-Camp_Area_Information.pdf

Page 3 describes Draft horse North as 30 amp sites with full hookups read for details on what cables/hoses etc. you may need for lengths to reach hookups.

jbeletti

All sites for the 235 currently registered units will be FHU with most being 50 amp.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I thought I would post a commonly asked question...

Are there fire rings at the fairgrounds? Is there open fires allowed?

If nothings changed, I believe the answer is no. Am I correct on this?

RDsStudio59

Only place I saw a campfire last National at the Fairgrounds was in the Draft Horse Camp 1 thru 7. Tried to get in that area but they were all booked pre registration.

Sent from Roger using my personal pocket pc on Tapatalk

Kbvols

There are no fire rings however we have had fires in the past using a. Portable fire pit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mthompson

Anything new yet on the Vendors Specials? I'm looking at the Kingpin pin boxes from these 2 vendors. Any feed back from anyone on which one is "best"

MORryde - .........
Click here (< coming soon) to learn more about their Rally Specials.

Lippert - .........

ctuna0203

Anything new yet on the Vendors Specials? I'm looking at the Kingpin pin boxes from these 2 vendors. Any feed back from anyone on which one is "best"

MORryde - .........

Lippert - .........

Both pin boxes are good but you decide your needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mthompson

Both pin boxes are good but you decide your needs.

Ctuna0203, I was asking the question about what people think based on their experience changing from the stock solid pin box to the types that have the air bag and shock. It's difficult to "decide your needs" if you haven't pulled your 5th wheel with the different types. There are several of these types made by both manufacturers. This is why I was asking for feedback from people.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

ctuna0203

Ctuna0203, I was asking the question about what people think based on their experience changing from the stock solid pin box to the types that have the air bag and shock. It's difficult to "decide your needs" if you haven't pulled your 5th wheel with the different types. There are several of these types made by both manufacturers. This is why I was asking for feedback from people.

When responding to someone's question in this or any other forum, I try to make my contribution, helpful to the questioner, I attempt to give them advice or answer their question based on my experience on the given subject. I don't answer their question with non-helpful idle chatter, something you might consider trying, if your intent was to be helpful or to contribute to the subject.

Thanks

I had a trail air but like the MORryde pin box a little better. The factory installed pin box produced slot of chucking.

mthompson

I had a trail air but like the MORryde pin box a little better. The factory installed pin box produced slot of chucking.

On the Morryde pin box, was it the kind that has the rubber piece, but No air bag or shock? Did it feel like it cushioned the RV enough, did it stop most of the chucking? Sorry to be asking so many questions.

On the Trail Air, what was it that you didn't like?

We travel F/T and we'll be hitting our 48th state on the way to Goshen, so we travel quite a bit, so I'm really looking to get the correct pin box for my travels.

Thanks

Kbvols

MORryde - .........

Lippert - .........

Waiting on the vendor specials is like waiting on the Sears catalog to come in the mail back in the day!

jbeletti

Waiting on the vendor specials is like waiting on the Sears catalog to come in the mail back in the day!

Keith - the MORryde specials was received just today and posted tonight. Check it out.

Is there something specific you're waiting on?

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I had the Mor Ryd pinbox from the factory which gave me some chucking. I changed it out for the Trail Aire and the chucking went away. Love it!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

We have had TrailAir on our last 2 Rigs and absolutely Love them. Our current RV has the Flex Air and we have no "Chucking" at all. You can watch it in the mirrors just floating back there when you go over the humps and bumps. Definitely a fan.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kbvols

Keith - the MORryde specials was received just today and posted tonight. Check it out.

Is there something specific you're waiting on?

Hey Jim, thanks for the FYI on Moryde specials. We’re thinking about a Denver Mattress so waiting to see what Specials Lippert offers.

mthompson

I had the Mor Ryd pinbox from the factory which gave me some chucking. I changed it out for the Trail Aire and the chucking went away. Love it!

jayc, when you say that the Mor/ryde pinbox gave you some chucking, I'm assuming you meant that you still had "some" chucking with it, but was it better than with just a stock solid pinbox?

Does your Trail Aire soften the ride as well as get rid of the chucking?

- - - Updated - - -

We have had TrailAir on our last 2 Rigs and absolutely Love them. Our current RV has the Flex Air and we have no "Chucking" at all. You can watch it in the mirrors just floating back there when you go over the humps and bumps. Definitely a fan.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input jesstalkn. With you having had 2 rigs with the Trail Air and now the Flex Air, do you see a big difference between the 2 pin boxes, in your opinion is the Flex Air worth the extra $300.00?