National Interstate not renewing policies--options

jleavitt11

retired Utah Chapter Leaders
We are in the same situation with our 2011 LM Augusta. Allied which is Nationwide is not covering anything longer than 36' in the state of NC. We expire 6/1/18. Called Progressive they quoted $718. Went online to Progressive they quoted $534??????

QUESTION: I'm confused as to whether to ask for Actual Cash Value or Agreed upon Value. The NADA is 31,250. Which one do I use?
Also, Do I get Vacation Liability and how much?

These policies have Roadside Assistance so is there any need to purchase extra? We have been with GS for several years but it's $200. I don't want to double cover.

Also, we are expiring on Extended Warranty. Existing company, ExtraRide, will cover us for 2 years for $2600. Is this high for a 2011 Augusta with lots of extras?

LOTS TO DO IN LESS THAN A MONTH!!!!!!:(:(:(:(

Thanks.

You are always better off with agreed value. As long as you chose a value higher than the ACV. If you have agreed value they will not determine the ACV because you have all ready agreed on the value and been paying the correct premium.

teasac69

If you are a veteran don’t overlook USAA. Got mine with them about 6 months ago and saved me money over State Farm.

WBG

WBGavin
If you are a veteran don’t overlook USAA. Got mine with them about 6 months ago and saved me money over State Farm.

USAA now accepts members whether or not they are veterans. They are a great company to go with. Have been with them for 51 years.

Kandy

USAA now accepts members whether or not they are veterans. They are a great company to go with. Have been with them for 51 years.

Thanks I forgot all about USAA.
Does anyone have Progressive? They have given us quotes. Good Sams has National General and the reviews are not so good.
SAFECO in Charlotte, NC quote was 3 times higher than anyone around.

ksucats

I ended up with GEICO - at the time it was the best pricing I got although I'm not comfortable with some of the coverage explanations. I was under the gun as well and pricing was steep because of my F450.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks I forgot all about USAA.
Does anyone have Progressive? They have given us quotes. Good Sams has National General and the reviews are not so good.
SAFECO in Charlotte, NC quote was 3 times higher than anyone around.

I have full timers coverage through progressive and have not had any issues since 2012. In fact I have had not claims so my comp/coll deductibles are $0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kandy

USAA just gave me a quote which was great. I got to asking questions about the Agreed Value vs Actual Cash Value and was not happy with what they said. I do have a paper trail to prove that the rig is worth more than the going NADA but their lingo bothers me.

In the case of a total loss they take the Agreed Value, which you pay a LOT for, and the Actual Cash Value - your deductible and pay whichever is LESS!!!! Why pay the price for a custom policy if they are going to get you in the end anyway?????????

Everything in our 2011 is NEW in the past 2 years. We can prove it, but if totaled we won't get the Agreed Value anyway so I might as well take the lousy NADA and hope for the best....

ANY THOUGHTS!! Did any of you guys do the Agreed Value serenario?

WBG

WBGavin
USAA just gave me a quote which was great. I got to asking questions about the Agreed Value vs Actual Cash Value and was not happy with what they said. I do have a paper trail to prove that the rig is worth more than the going NADA but their lingo bothers me.

In the case of a total loss they take the Agreed Value, which you pay a LOT for, and the Actual Cash Value - your deductible and pay whichever is LESS!!!! Why pay the price for a custom policy if they are going to get you in the end anyway?????????

Everything in our 2011 is NEW in the past 2 years. We can prove it, but if totaled we won't get the Agreed Value anyway so I might as well take the lousy NADA and hope for the best....

ANY THOUGHTS!! Did any of you guys do the Agreed Value serenario?

I did not go the Agreed Value route. I did have one covered repair and I thought the amount they paid was more than fair.

Kandy

Out of the blue we received an RV insurance policy from Safeco Insurance. The policy was effective April 3, 2018 (the day our NI policy expired) through April 3, 2019. There was no mention that I could find as to National Interstate. I checked National Interstates website and discovered that they were no longer insuring RV's. We began searching for RV insurance. We first checked Good Sams on line and were shocked by the price ($2,190.00 yr). We then spoke with Safeco and were amazed with the help and price. We have a 2014 Landmark and were able to obtain a Safeco policy for $491.00 a year (similar to NI) for Comp, Collision (both agreed value $73,590.00 if totaled), $75.00 per day loss of use, $300,000 liability and personal property. We are not full timers and live in Colorado.

WOW what a deal. Called SAFECO yesterday and they quoted me $1300/yr. for our 2011 Landmark. Triple my other quotes. They are quoting "0" deductible and $100 deductible for collision.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have Progressive, since our first Travel Trailer in 2008. When we got our fiver in 2010, we stayed with them. We had an encounter with a pole in an rv park in 2010. A weather related claim in 2011. Then an electrical damage claim when fulltiming in 2015. Our rate is probably higher because of all of that, but I was very happy how they handled all our issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wdk450

I just did the annual renewal on my Progressive Full timer's comprehensive coverage policy. It is actual cash value, which is probably pretty low on my 2008 Bighorn. But it is only $363 a year. I had 1 claim with them when I scraped my trailer door area against a solid fencepost, over $3000 in damages. I was just starting an extended trip that day, and didn't file my claim until I got back home over 60 days later. NO PROBLEM WITH THE CLAIM, my RV repairer said that they were great to work with, and paid their portion quickly.

Merry

We are currently searching for our initial insurence policy for our 2017 Gateway 3800RLB located in Clearwater, Florida but without much success. We live in N.J. and have plans of "snow-birding" during the winter, keeping it in one community. So I am contracting it's towing and using our car while there for the time being. Progressive will not insure it without a tow vehicle of our own and Formost has a moratorium against new business in the area due to storms. We are concerned about leaving it uninsured for much longer. Any advice from someone would be greatly appreciated! New to RVing - Keith and Laura

porthole

Retired
Since my National policy expires I started shopping. I have 5 different quotes so far from 5 different companies, and they are all underwritten by progressive. And the coverage varies $200 for the same options.