Sink and counter top

Weatherl

The stainless sink and counter top in my North trail have started to separate and I can not figure how the sink was attached to the counter underneath. Has anyone had this problem and how did you fix it any help would be greatly appreciated.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I just finished fixing mine.
After years of climbing over the sink I finally knelt on it and it sunk.
There should be some sink clips underneath along with some caulk to hold it up.
In my case I bought some extra clips along with the correct length screw and a tube of bath and kitchen silicone caulk.
The clips that are traditionally used in my opinion were not up to the task in an RF.
I went to a shade shop and bought a handful of clips meant to hold window blinds. A little stronger and just right for the job.
Take a look under and you should see clips that were holding the sink in place. Add the silicone and blind clips or sink clips from a store like Home Depot.
Be sure to use the correct length screws.
Peace
Dave

Weatherl

Thanks cookie my Northtrail doesn’t even have clips in the center of the sink we’re it is separating. I will have to make some kind of wedge to fix it.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
This is one of those simple fixes that an owner should not have to do, especially on a new rig. A double bowl steel sink needs 6 clips. If need be, cut off four of the installer's fingers so he'll always know how many that is.

klp605

Thankfully I had read about the lack of clips and inspected ours during the PDI. Needless to say, the lack of clips is being taken care of. When it is a known problem across all lines and isn't being taken care of, leads me to believe it may not be lazy linemen.