Looking to purchase a 4007

I apologize in advance, this one might get a little wordy. I've been doing as much research as I can and saving up questions for this post.

The wife and I are finally ready to trade in our Gulfstream fifth wheel for a new Cyclone 4007. We originally had eyes on a road warrior, then found the Cyclone 4005 and liked it, then the wife found the 4007 and fell in love. It checks all the boxes in our "needs" column and more than any other in our "wants" column. We do have a few quick questions about Cyclones/Heartland in general to complete our research.

1. The 4007 has the slide-within-a-slide in the bedroom. Has anyone had any issues with things such as weight distribution (slides sagging or not operating properly due to weight of double slide)? Does anyone have any complaints about how far the slides stick out into the neighbors lot, or do you just park far enough into your own spot to try to negate this extra room?
- The reason I ask is because we full-time in our current fifth wheel, and due to my work in the oilfield, we have stayed in some pretty cramped parks. We have had issues with neighbors' jacked up trucks being parked too close for comfort to our bedroom slide, so I was just curious to hear people's opinions.

2. Has anyone with a 4150 or 4151 been able to fit a stackable washer/dryer set in the closet? I ask about these specific models because they appear to have comparable room to the 4007.

3. Has anyone in a cyclone or heartland fifth wheel in general changed out the tv mount for a full articulation mount? We plan on exchanging the tv in the 4007 with 4k tvs and I'm tempted to change out the mount for a heavier-duty full articulation mount to be able to have easier access to the back of the tv (we move a lot) and to be able to position the tv for a better viewing angle.

4. Has anyone installed a built-in style dishwasher in any of the 2016+ cyclones? It's not necessarily a requirement for the wife, but I'd like to be considerate and do this for her. I know landmarks have a residential style P-Trap with the rear adapter for a DW, but do Cyclones? I can get creative if they don't.

5. Has anyone installed the Lippert 21k long tow Flex Air pinbox on a 20k Cyclone? If so, what do they consider "long tow"? Does this put the tongue weight too far back for comfort in a long bed DRW? Just curious as to how it would ride. I've heard that empty toy haulers chuck quite a bit going down the road, I'm wanting to negate as much buck and bounce as I can.

6. Has anyone ran the gen and ran an AC while running down the road?

I've spent the last few weeks ready through Jerrod's (jesstalkn) Landmark thread and found several mods that I will be attempting.
One of which that I would like to do, but haven't seen anyone else do, is change out the 16" wheels and factory tires with 17.5" wheels from Trailer Tires & Wheels out of Ohio and utilize larger tires with much higher load ratings. My 38' 5er now weighs 17k (triple axle) and I've dealt with far more flats and blow-outs on the side of the scorching West & South Texas highways due to 16" ST tires than I am willing to admit. I'd like to throw 17.5's and Toyo M1430's on it from the get go and forego anymore of that nonsense. Has anyone on this forum had any dealings with Trailer Tires & Wheels, or put 17.5's on these heavy trailers?

I do believe that's all I can come up with at this moment. Thanks in advance for the help!

danemayer

Hi leeparnell89,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I'm sure you'll get some feedback from Cyclone owners shortly.

On your question about Trailer Tires and Wheels, I upgraded our Landmark from 16" wheels with Goodyear G614 tires to 17.5" wheels with Goodyear G114 tires. The outer diameter of the G614 and G114 are just about the same. One lower cost alternative to Goodyear is Sailun. They have a great reputation on their 16" S637 and also make S637 in 17.5". Trailer Tires and Wheels is easy to do business with and will ship your tires mounted and balanced on the wheels.

jnbhobe

I have 17.5 Sailun's on modular wheels from trailer tire and wheel. They are 3 yrs old now and were a real good deal.

Awesome, thanks for the feedback gentlemen. I've been hoping that was the case, as this is one of my "can't live without" mods.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

hboy1

3. Has anyone in a cyclone or heartland fifth wheel in general changed out the tv mount for a full articulation mount? We plan on exchanging the tv in the 4007 with 4k tvs and I'm tempted to change out the mount for a heavier-duty full articulation mount to be able to have easier access to the back of the tv (we move a lot) and to be able to position the tv for a better viewing angle.

6. Has anyone ran the gen and ran an AC while running down the road?

Have you made your purchase?

I can pitch in on two of these. I put in the articulating mount. It is more sturdy that I thought it would be. I added two straps to secure it while in tow.

I have run the generator while towing. I have run the a/c a couple times while towing. Normally it's when I'm moving around the state park. It is usually 90*+ and I like to keep the camper cool during the move. Once I have run it going down the highway between the RV storage and the house.

esscobra

I changed the fixed mount on the 55 tv to a mor-ryde unit that has locking pin and in release- costs more but I don't want to have to deal with straps-

I also have re gen before arrival t cool unit- 95-100+ summers in south texas are brutal

I changed the fixed mount on the 55 tv to a mor-ryde unit that has locking pin and in release- costs more but I don't want to have to deal with straps-

I also have re gen before arrival t cool unit- 95-100+ summers in south texas are brutal
I hear you esscobra, my mom lives in SA as well and I've been on several pipelines around cotulla and carrizo springs. Summers can be brutal in campers round your parts.

Have you made your purchase?

I can pitch in on two of these. I put in the articulating mount. It is more sturdy that I thought it would be. I added two straps to secure it while in tow.

I have run the generator while towing. I have run the a/c a couple times while towing. Normally it's when I'm moving around the state park. It is usually 90*+ and I like to keep the camper cool during the move. Once I have run it going down the highway between the RV storage and the house.
Nossir we haven't bit the bullet yet. We walked the 4007 when our dealer finally got one in and weren't as impressed as we thought we'd be. We hoped we'd be able to remove the table and bench from under the tv, but it appears we will not be able to. Well, not without it looking to be obviously modified. There is a duct in the bottom of the bench that appears will cause me some troubles.