2018 Landmark - no ice maker?

genep777

We currently have 2015 BH 3160 and will be upgrading to 2018 Landmark Oshkosh in August. I was surprised to learn from dealer that the residential frig does not come with an icemaker. What are my options to obtain icemaker other than upgrading to Mobile Suites (lol)? Also, if we opt for a queen bed rather than King, will the frame be smaller so that one has more walk around room? Thank you in advance.

Donald Peters
Salado Texas and Bunbury, Western Australia

jbeletti

Re: Freezer in 2018 Landmark

I wonder if the dealer is wrong about that? I have the Insignia refer and there is 'no water' dispenser but I do have an icemaker in the freezer.

CoveredWagon

We currently have 2015 BH 3160 and will be upgrading to 2018 Landmark Oshkosh in August. I was surprised to learn from dealer that the residential frig does not come with an icemaker. What are my options to obtain icemaker other than upgrading to Mobile Suites (lol)? Also, if we opt for a queen bed rather than King, will the frame be smaller so that one has more walk around room? Thank you in advance.

Donald Peters
Salado Texas and Bunbury, Western Australia

Wow we just have a cheap little ol’ Bighorn 3270 and we have an ice and water dispenser in the door of our Fridgaire

genep777

I wonder if the dealer is wrong about that? I have the Insignia refer and there is 'no water' dispenser but I do have an icemaker in the freezer.

Thanks Jim.Do you have the 2018 late year model with the two freezer drawers?

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like it may depend on what fridge is install in the unit at the time of manufacture. Check the web page and it looks like a water and ice dispenser. To show this on the Heartland web page and to not get it would be very disappointing. Nothing stated in print though.

https://www.heartlandrvs.com/brands/luxuryfw/landmark-365/lm-oshkosh

Thanks Marc.I think the website is dated. Heartland changed to a frig up and freezer down model during 2018 and hasn't updated website.

pegmikef

I have the same thing in my 2018 Oshkosh. The freezer has two drawers and the icemaker dumps into a container on the left side of the top drawer. Wonder if that dealer ever actually looked in the freezer or when he didn't see a dispenser in the door he assumed it didn't have one.

genep777

I have the same thing in my 2018 Oshkosh. The freezer has two drawers and the icemaker dumps into a container on the left side of the top drawer. Wonder if that dealer ever actually looked in the freezer or when he didn't see a dispenser in the door he assumed it didn't have one.
Hi Peg & Mike,

Thank you so much, exactly what I was looking for.
Any comment on the queen vs king bed?

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We have the Insignia in our Oshkosh that is the same as Mike's, ice maker without water and ice in the door.

donr827

Might want to call the brand manager at HL and get your question answered. He will know about any changes coming down the line.
Don

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I, hopefully can answer your queen vs king question. We have a queen bed in our 365 Newport and purchased it specifically so we would have more room to move on the sides of the bed than a king. When we bought our Newport, we were fortunate enough to have two models sitting side-by-side, one with the king bed and one with the queen bed. We liked the extra room the queen gave us and even though we have a king bed in our stick and brick home, we got the queen for the Newport. Never regretted that decision.

pegmikef

Hi Peg & Mike,

Thank you so much, exactly what I was looking for.
Any comment on the queen vs king bed?

Yeah, mine came with a king bed and it was too tight as the slide in slide is really made for a queen. I cut down the bed as much as I could and we bought a new (better) queen size mattress. Because of the metal frame mechanism for the tilting/retractable bed, there is about a two inch overhang on each side of the mattress, but it does not impede getting in bed and when the spread is on it, you can't tell We think it is still much better than the king as it was just so tight against the wall it was impossible to properly make. We used the king mattress to replace an old one in our guest room (and the mattress delivery folks hauled off the old one).

Here're some pix of the old and new. Note how tight the king is against the walls.

Attachments

• platformold.jpg
    platformold.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 68
  • platformnew.jpg
    platformnew.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 65
  • oldbed1.jpg
    oldbed1.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 66
  • newbed2.jpg
    newbed2.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 72

genep777

I, hopefully can answer your queen vs king question. We have a queen bed in our 365 Newport and purchased it specifically so we would have more room to move on the sides of the bed than a king. When we bought our Newport, we were fortunate enough to have two models sitting side-by-side, one with the king bed and one with the queen bed. We liked the extra room the queen gave us and even though we have a king bed in our stick and brick home, we got the queen for the Newport. Never regretted that decision.
Thank you so much Keith, exactly what I was hopeing for.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, mine came with a king bed and it was too tight as the slide in slide is really made for a queen. I cut down the bed as much as I could and we bought a new (better) queen size mattress. Because of the metal frame mechanism for the tilting/retractable bed, there is about a two inch overhang on each side of the mattress, but it does not impede getting in bed and when the spread is on it, you can't tell We think it is still much better than the king as it was just so tight against the wall it was impossible to properly make. We used the king mattress to replace an old one in our guest room (and the mattress delivery folks hauled off the old one).

Here're some pix of the old and new. Note how tight the king is against the walls.

Thanks so much for the pix Mike. Gave me a great idea as to what I can expect. Looks like door clearance is much better with queen and easier to make bed.

'Lil Guy'

I'm sure someone will chime in better than Me on the bed issue but we opted for the queen in our BH just to get more walk around room. I looked at an Oshkosh and absolutely loved the double slide. With the bed moving farther out, I'd probably stay with the king. JMO If I'm not hallucinating, the bedroom really opened up nicely.

genep777

I'm sure someone will chime in better than Me on the bed issue but we opted for the queen in our BH just to get more walk around room. I looked at an Oshkosh and absolutely loved the double slide. With the bed moving farther out, I'd probably stay with the king. JMO If I'm not hallucinating, the bedroom really opened up nicely.
Thank you so much, we have decided on the queen to gain some more room and to make changing sheets easier.

RickL

Our 2018 OshKosh has the ice maker in the top drawer too. As far as making the king size bed and room, we have found it easy to do as there is so much room at the nd of the bed we just slide the mattress down to install the fitted sheet, then push the mattress back into position. As to making the bed up daily, we use the edge of the nightstand as a place to roll back the sheet, blanket and comforter. Yes you tuck in the other side a few inches but overall it looks very nice (which for my perfectionist wife is surprising).

The Oshkosh has some of the most room around a king size bed we found, as having a king was mandatory in finding the the right trailer to live full time.