Posting pics from iPhone.

BrannonB

I’m sure it’s been discussed before but a quick search didn’t pull up anything helpful. Is there a way to post pics from iPhone? I have tried the attachment icon and pic icon above, but the pics load sideways. Is there a way to correct this?

Thanks.

MTPockets

This is probably not helpful, but I have posted all my pics via my iPhone. Just can’t recall specifics. I think if you edit your pic on the phone before you send it, you can turn it so it appears upright.

porthole

Retired
iPhones embed everything about the picture in the data for the pic (EXIF), including the orientation of how you took the picture. And if you took the picture upside down - it remembers that. With the phone held horizontally, the shutter button should be under your right thumb.

Any other way you take the pic and many web forums will post the pic the way you took it.

Edit the picture slightly, rotate or crop and save then upload.

BrannonB

Thanks for the replies. I always take pics with shutter button on the bottom, but I’ll try the horizontal method. I ended up loading them to a pic hosting site and just copied the URL to the message body. But it took a lot of steps.

danemayer

Thanks for the replies. I always take pics with shutter button on the bottom, but I’ll try the horizontal method. I ended up loading them to a pic hosting site and just copied the URL to the message body. But it took a lot of steps.
As some have found out, 3rd party hosting sites for photos can come and go without warning. When it goes, all of your links die.

If shutter button on the right doesn't always do the job for you, before posting the picture, open it in a photo editor on your computer, crop slightly or make some other trivial edit, and save. Then post.

porthole

Retired
As some have found out, 3rd party hosting sites for photos can come and go without warning. When it goes, all of your links die.

If shutter button on the right doesn't always do the job for you, before posting the picture, open it in a photo editor on your computer, crop slightly or make some other trivial edit, and save. Then post.

You can open it in the photo editor right from the iPhone album, no computer is necessary.

PondSkum

a super easy way to post from phone is to use Tapatalk app. attaching photos are simple on there, and I believe they post the correct orientation also.