Antenna on BH250

We just purchased a used 2017 BH250 and are unsure if an antenna booster is included and if so where is it located? We are having trouble with radio picking up on our yard.

danemayer

Hi tlcarter65,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Typically, the rooftop TV antenna and the cable TV coax come together at the signal booster. It must be ON for over the air TV and OFF for cable. For trailers with 2 or more TV locations, the booster is usually in the bedroom. But on some rigs it's at the living room TV location.

As for radio reception, it's likely that there's a dipole type antenna behind the radio. If it's tied in to the signal booster, that would probably be by way of a splitter at the coax wall plate near the radio.

I looked on bedroom and living room near tv's and I don't see a booster to cut on. In our previous trailer, a 16 Coleman it was on the electric plate behind the tv in living room.

danemayer

The booster is usually built into the cover plate with the coax connector(s). There will be a small button to push and a small LED that illuminates to indicate that the booster is ON.

jerryjay11

Your talking about the RADIO reception which doesn't go through your TV signal booster. Remove the radio from the cabinet and you'll most likely find the antenna is still rolled up with a wire tie around it back there. I had the same problem with reception and then noticed I didn't have an external antenna. It is a dipole antenna that you'll have to decide where to drill a hole so you can deploy it.

The radio facia will snap off and 4 screws hold the radio in place. On your cabinet you might be able to keep the antenna out of site by routing it through the cabinets to the left of the radio.