5th Wheel Suspension

Just finished a 4800 mile round trip with our Elkridge. Stuff bounced all over inside and I kept thinking I was going to break a leaf spring or an axel on some of the roads in Louisiana or Arizona. What options are there for the trailer? I’m already going to airbag the rear on my F350 to level the truck a couple of inches since I got flashed a lot thinking my high beams were on. Also looking for a replacement king pin with an air bag too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just finished a 4800 mile round trip with our Elkridge. Stuff bounced all over inside and I kept thinking I was going to break a leaf spring or an axel on some of the roads in Louisiana or Arizona. What options are there for the trailer? I’m already going to airbag the rear on my F350 to level the truck a couple of inches since I got flashed a lot thinking my high beams were on. Also looking for a replacement king pin with an air bag too.

By the way, the trailer only has leaf springs. No shocks or anything else. Seems odd that 15k weight only has leafs.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
I am not selling anything, but take a look at the Liberty Rider suspension System.
My new 2017 Sundance had the same problem and after 6,000 miles the springs were flat.
I had the Liberty Rider system put on in Goshen last June, wow what a difference.
For over a month we had 4 RV's following each other from Rally to Rally and the others commented
that the Sundance didn't bounce, sway and their RV's were bouncing all over when I followed them.
There are several systems you can go with, but for the half the price, I am happy with my current set up!
Good luck & Safe Travels

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Might want to look into the Morryde SRE 4000 or the CRE 3000. Both are great suspension upgrades.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

NYSUPstater

Our BC came w/ the MorRyde 3000 (we added the wet bolt kit month after we got it home). To be quite honest, have to say it's a decent susp part. Coach doesn't seem to bounce a lot, nothing open or on floor upon opening it up @ destination. Went to Maine last year from Syracuse and DW has a knife /kitchen tool/measuring cup combo thing we bought at Wal-Mart last year by stove on counter and it never moved. Does have lil rubber feet, but still never moved. RV is in storage, but am guessing the shocks are such that they are at 45* angle like others have said, thus don't work the way they are supposed to. Options are: 1. Leave it as is. 2. Add the Joy Rider kit. 3. Go w/ IS . Taking a trip later this summer to FL, so this should be a good test of where we go. Opinions?

Our BC came w/ the MorRyde 3000 (we added the wet bolt kit month after we got it home). To be quite honest, have to say it's a decent susp part. Coach doesn't seem to bounce a lot, nothing open or on floor upon opening it up @ destination. Went to Maine last year from Syracuse and DW has a knife /kitchen tool/measuring cup combo thing we bought at Wal-Mart last year by stove on counter and it never moved. Does have lil rubber feet, but still never moved. RV is in storage, but am guessing the shocks are such that they are at 45* angle like others have said, thus don't work the way they are supposed to. Options are: 1. Leave it as is. 2. Add the Joy Rider kit. 3. Go w/ IS . Taking a trip later this summer to FL, so this should be a good test of where we go. Opinions?

I had no idea that the MorRyde stuff was so inexpensive. I was thinking $1000 or more. I need to measure and see if the 3000 or 4000 will fit best and then order the kit along with the wet bolt kit and get to installing it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had no idea that the MorRyde stuff was so inexpensive. I was thinking $1000 or more. I need to measure and see if the 3000 or 4000 will fit best and then order the kit along with the wet bolt kit and get to installing it.

And if that doesn't do the trick I'll be looking at adding the JoyRider shocks

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
And if that doesn't do the trick I'll be looking at adding the JoyRider shocks

When we had our disk brakes installed last month I was able to talk to the installer quite a bit. He installed the morryde wet bolt kit for us while everything was apart. While he said this kit can help with the ride it is not enough to notice. With only about 2k miles on, the plastic bushing were already worn so I am glad we did it. Our trailer came stock with the morryde 3000 and he stated that while the 4000 is a bit better, the 3000 is just as good and he wouldn't replace it because it was so new. Our rig also came with the shocks. I have heard a lot of comments that they do not work and I am not sure where that comes from. I do know that nothing moves when we are traveling unless we hit a major bump and that shakes the crap out of our pick up too. But for the most part we leave stuff on the counters and the couches when we travel and it is still there when we stop. Past the morryde wet bolt kit and the disk brakes, both safety items IMO, there are a lot of shiny new parts you can buy that may be over kill or not needed. Good luck in your search and your decision what to do.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Our new Cyclone came with the CRE3000 suspension. I can tell a significant difference between that and the Dexter EZ-Flex that came on our last Cyclone.
I am not a fan of the Joy rider/Liberty rider systems. If anyone wants to send a private message I'll explain why.

brianlajoie

We bit the bullet and installed both the disc brakes and IS on our BH from MorRyde. Yes is was a little expensive, but we feel safer with the disc brakes and the ride is much better (both for the truck and trailer). We also installed air bags in the truck to level and assist in smoothing out the ride.

MorRyde 3000 Arrived today and it's only the equalizers and no hardware. Am I correct to assume that I use my existing hardware? I did order the wet bolt kit as well.

2psnapod2

You should use the new bolts that come with the wet bolt kit.

Thanks. Just counted the bolts and there's enough to in the wet bolt kit to replace the factory hardware.

Do I leave the yellow correct track plates in place when I swap the hardware.?

2psnapod2

If you have Correct Track, did you by the wet bolt needed for the Correct Track System? Unless you are not familiar with what you are doing, messing with the Correct Track System can mess up the alignment of your axles.

I did get the Correct Track kit. I’m pretty mechanical (been working on cars for 40 years) so hopefully it’s pretty straight forward. Just swapping out bolts and shackles one bolt at a time

2psnapod2

Just be very careful to mark the yellow disk so you can put them back the very same way you remove them. You will more than likely need to set the bolt on the rear disk before you put it back.