Suburban Stove not staying lit

I have a 2018 Bighorn Traveler 39MB and we have barely been able to use our stove to cook. We are living in it full time and have just dodged using the stove as much as possible. But it has gotten to the point with a brand new rig that this shouldn't be happening. This is what is happening. We get the stove lit, and when it hits to about 400 degrees for X amount of time it shuts off, the pilot light, the oven everything. if we keep it lower like 325 it will stay lit, but doesn't really cook anything, I have tried pushing it to broil to see if that helps but to no avail the issue persists.

The issue is also since we are full-timing we cant exactly just drop the unit off to be worked on, my kids are in school, my wife works nights, and I have a part-time job. I've contacted heartland they offered for me to find a mobile service company over to assess and repair the issue, the problem is I can't find anyone that wants to do warranty work as well as finding anyone that will actually drive to my location which is in California, just south of San Francisco... any mobile companies that i have contacted have been over 2 hrs away and refuse to take the drive. I am getting really frustrated with this scenario. So I called Suburban to see what they can do, they said to find a mobile unit that would come service the Oven and yet, none will drive the distance to come service it... I am Out of Options...

Oh it does get better too... When we were in Oregon we had the opportunity to leave the rig with a service center for a few repairs cosmetic and mechanical, one of which was to repair the stove, but to no avail, it did not get repaired event though they billed heartland for over 4 hours worth of work and fixed "something" with stove... shut off my propane and i lost all of my food in the fridge and freezer which neither heartland nor Bluedog RV service center wanted to replace the lost food, or repay us for the nights spent in the hotel because we had no place to go...

~~frustrated

dieseldog

Traded in my ‘16 model that had a suburban stove/oven combo that did the same thing new. You can try replacing the thermocouple for a few bucks to start, although that’s probly not it. The Suburban pilot light orafice came too small from the factory and when the oven heats up, it pinches that little hole down to nothing and kills the pilot, then it shuts the oven off. Experiment with heating the oven up until the pilot goes out, then carefully try to relight it. It most likely will barely light if at all. My solution was a new orifice from a water heater as the nearest dealer had nothing in stock for the oven. Worked like a charm until I traded the unit for my bighorn.

Thats a good idea. I figured it was one or the other. The frustrating part is that I shouldn't have to pay for it. It is brand new, maybe 8 months old and have had this problem from the start. So I am trying to get it covered under warranty before I start investing money into the stove. I will definitely keep this information on the forefront for me so when it comes down to it and i have to fix it myself I know what to order. Thanks!

Traded in my ‘16 model that had a suburban stove/oven combo that did the same thing new. You can try replacing the thermocouple for a few bucks to start, although that’s probly not it. The Suburban pilot light orafice came too small from the factory and when the oven heats up, it pinches that little hole down to nothing and kills the pilot, then it shuts the oven off. Experiment with heating the oven up until the pilot goes out, then carefully try to relight it. It most likely will barely light if at all. My solution was a new orifice from a water heater as the nearest dealer had nothing in stock for the oven. Worked like a charm until I traded the unit for my bighorn.

dieseldog

I know the feeling! It’s a pain and I full time too so dropping off at the selling dealership hours away wasn’t gonna happen. The parts a really inexpensive so if you do end up doing it yourself, it won’t break the bank.

rxbristol

We had a serious problem with our Suburban stove that could not be fixed. I got fed up, ripped it out and installed an induction.