Buying m32 and need walk through tips!

I am buying a m32 on Saturday. This will be our first new tt purchase. I know we do a walk through but I need to know what specifically to look for before I drive off the lot. Can I run hot water, check power awning, check for leaks? All this stuff, I just don’t know what specifically to look for. I want to start using it right away and don’t want surprises. Also would like some tips on what tools I need to keep handy!
Thanks and with your help, maybe this will be a pleasant experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Hi Michaellallen,

Congratulations on the new Mallard and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Some dealers are more flexible about how the walk through and pre-delivery inspection is done, some less. But dealer lots don't necessarily have power and water where the trailer happens to be sitting, so you may have to insist on it being moved so you can check things out.

One of our owners has put together a very comprehensive checklist about halfway down in this folder.

If you can stay at or near the dealer for 1 or 2 nights after taking delivery, you'll have a chance to test everything out in actual use. And if you get a commitment from the Service Manager, in advance, that you can bring the trailer back on day 2 or 3 and have them work on it while you wait, you should be in good shape for your first trip.

klp605

Congratulations! So many memory making opportunities await you. We have a 2018 M32. Love our unit and remain very happy through some trials thanks to CW. The PDI Checklist from OregonCamper referenced by Danemayer is very important. Another key document is/are the Work Order(s) attached to your prospective unit. Go to the Camping World (CW) service desk with the vin of your intended unit and ask for ALL Work Order's to be printed out. Read over these carefully prior to doing your PDI. Clip boards and print outs of the PDI checklist for yourself and anyone with you will be helpful. That way you can work together by writing down items found and compare notes later. Painters tape is also helpful as you can leave a piece at each point you have a question or concern. Headlamp and/or flashlight, level, drill/screw driver with basic tips can be very helpful. Be sure they let you or "an employee who will vouch" on the roof to ensure all seams are sealed.

I recommend if you can agree on a final number, provide a deposit, but do not sign any paperwork until the PDI is completed. Also if you can wait for all repairs found in the PDI to be made prior to final paperwork. The motivation to make corrections is much greater. There will be issues found after the initial PDI, thankfully, you are purchasing a Heartland and they are AMAZING at standing behind their products.

Follow your gut and the wonderful information from your fellow Heartland owners on this forum. If it was not for all the information I learned here along with me asking Heartland about the availability of a work history document, similar to Carfax (Work Order), we would would have been stuck with a brand new 2017 M32 with an active water leak.

So now I’m a mallard owner! Really excited and I’m set up in the driveway! Can’t figure out how to turn on led lights on the awning. I have the remote but can’t get anything to come on. I replaced the battery and still nothing. Do I need to point the remote to a particular place? Couldn’t open the awning at inspection because too many other campers beside mine. Also the awning braces don’t seem to fully extend without rolling it backward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk