EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MS, Belden - 9/14/2018 to 9/16/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbspitz

Mississippi Chapter Leaders-retired
Note: I have been advised to not use the above address in a gps to travel to the park. Please use the attached directions from the park web site to travel to the park.

Again, do not use your gps to travel to the park. Follow the attached directions from the park web site.

Thanks, randy.

ljawest

We have registered and were assigned site #34. Looking forward to seeing our MS and AL and other Heartland Owners friends. we're in Montana now, but will be traveling toward home in a few days. We've had quite an adventure to Alaska and back this summer. Just returned to "lower 48" yesterday.

rbspitz

We have registered and were assigned site #34. Looking forward to seeing our MS and AL and other Heartland Owners friends. we're in Montana now, but will be traveling toward home in a few days. We've had quite an adventure to Alaska and back this summer. Just returned to "lower 48" yesterday.

JoAnn & Lewis, that's great news. Can't wait for the stories about your trip. See you in September.

Thanks,
Randy

Venue:
------------------------------
  • Trace State Park
  • 2139 Faulkner Road
  • Belden (Tupelo), MS 38826
  • Josh (Park Mgr), or Valerie 662-489-2958
  • MDWFP.com
  • Pets ok?: Yes
  • Golf carts allowed?:
  • Golf Cart restrictions?:
  • Golf Cart fees?:

Details:
  • Number of sites held: 20
  • Register by end of day 9/14/2018
  • Site fee: $$28.00 per night.
  • Club Member Event fee:
  • Non-Heartland Brand fee: $20.00
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: September 14
  • Potluck time: TBT

Additional Info:
Please call the park directly to make your reservations. Ask for Josh or Valerie @ 662-489-2958.

Because this a Mississippi State park, they will not put any sites on hold. Making your reservation early will insure you are placed in the campground section listed below.

DO NOT MAKE YOUR RESERVATION ONLINE USING www.reserveamerica.com.
MAKE YOUR RESERVATION WITH THE PARK DIRECTLY AT 662-489-2958.

Josh the park manager has recommended the following area of the park for our group:

Eagle Ridge Campground section, Sites 026 through 052. Make sure you mention you are a member of the Heartland Club when making your reservation and that you would like one of the sites # above. Once you have made your reservation please post your name, arrival date, site number and HOC member number back to this event.

Thanks.

NOTE: I HAVE BEEN ADVISED TO NOT USE THE ABOVE ADDRESS IN A GPS TO TRAVEL TO THE PARK. PLEASE USE THE ATTACHED DIRECTIONS FROM THE PARK WEB SITE TO TRAVEL TO THE PARK.

AGAIN, DO NOT USE YOUR GPS TO TRAVEL TO THE PARK. FOLLOW THE ATTACHED DIRECTIONS FROM THE PARK WEB SITE.

THANKS, RANDY.

Some of the items planned at this time are listed below. Updates are subject to take place at any time:

1 - Welcome Pot luck meet and greet at 6:00pm in the Pavilion Room on Friday, 9/14
2 - Tupelo Car Museum visit?
3 - Shopping at the outlet mall
4 - Birthplace of Elvis Presley
5 - Check out WWW.tupelo.net for more information about the area.
6 - Group outing for dinner on Saturday, 9/15 location TBD (and if you know of a place please send me your recommendation).
7 - Campfire meeting back at the park after dinner on Saturday, 9/15

Attendee List

1 - Randy & Brenda Spitzkeit Arrive 9/14 Site 32 HOC #2338
2 - James & Rhonda Brown Arrive 9/12 Site 38 HOC #2844
3 - Gerry & Lilly Worth Arrive 9/10 Site 42. HOC#1542.
4 - Paul & Sheila Blackford Arrive 9/13 Site 37 HOC #2770
5 - Nathan & Byrd Mathis Arrive 9/13 Site 39 HOC #1298
6 - Melba King Arrive 9/10, Site 46 HOC#2958
7 - Bob & Barb Mansolino Arrive 9/14 Site 26 HOC # SOB
8 - Gary & Celeste Atkins Arrive 9/14 Site 35 HOC #4795
9 - Don & Joyce Baker Arrive 9/14 Site 31 HOC #2215
10-Ricky & Rachel Lester Arrive 9/13 Site 36 HOC #2672
11-Richard E Keltner (Rich) arrive 9/14 Site 29 hoc #5703
12-Richard and Susan Keltner arrive 9/14 site 30 #SOB
13-Lewis and JoAnn West arrive ? Site 34 hoc#2185

Please be advised: If you had planed that included any kind of water sport, the large lake has been drained due to faults found in the dam.

Attention: Old Natchez Trace Lake (the main lake) has been drained and is closed to the publicduring the renovation period. Fishing in the smaller lake near the park entrance will remain open.Please continue to use other amenities such as, hiking, mountain bike and equestrian trails, as wellas day-use areas, disc golf, and RV camping.

Attention: All campsites should only be reserved 48 hours in advance. A same Day reservation must be made by calling the park.

I have visited this park several times and have enjoyed every trip. My Travel trailer is in the shop so don't want to make plans to attend just now.

rbspitz

Please be advised: If you had planed that included any kind of water sport, the large lake has been drained due to faults found in the dam.

Attention: Old Natchez Trace Lake (the main lake) has been drained and is closed to the publicduring the renovation period. Fishing in the smaller lake near the park entrance will remain open.Please continue to use other amenities such as, hiking, mountain bike and equestrian trails, as wellas day-use areas, disc golf, and RV camping.

Attention: All campsites should only be reserved 48 hours in advance. A same Day reservation must be made by calling the park.

I have visited this park several times and have enjoyed every trip. My Travel trailer is in the shop so don't want to make plans to attend just now.

Thanks for your report on the park. Hope the repairs are short term and you can find the time to sign up for the rally or if you are in the area visit us for one of the events.

Again thanks,
Randy & Brenda

Thanks for your report on the park. Hope the repairs are short term and you can find the time to sign up for the rally or if you are in the area visit us for one of the events.

Again thanks,
Randy & Brenda

Unfortunately, the repairs are not complete as of last month. It will take a long time for the main lake to refill. there is a smaller lake the can be used for fishing and non-motor water use. The park is still a beautiful place to camp and is quite. 6 miles to Tupelo, for major restaurants and shopping and Pontotoc is 6 miles the other way for small town antique shops and small town charm. They also have Family operated restaurants and great friendly people. The entry road is a bit rough, but take it easy and you'll have no problem. Again I love the charm and quiet of the park as well as the wild life there.

Is there a itinerary of events for this event yet or like a pot luck? Just need an idea of what to bring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Is there a itinerary of events for this event yet or like a pot luck? Just need an idea of what to bring

Hi Richard,

There are 2 attachments to post #1 of this rally thread. One of them is the agenda. Click it to download it, then open it (PDF).

Hi Richard,

There are 2 attachments to post #1 of this rally thread. One of them is the agenda. Click it to download it, then open it (PDF).

Thank you. It's not on the mobile app and I loaded on the computer and I see it now.

Well I hate to say it but my basset hound has gotten sick and will need surgery next week so with that said I won't be able to make it this weekend.

Hope to see y'all at the next one

rbspitz

Well I hate to say it but my basset hound has gotten sick and will need surgery next week so with that said I won't be able to make it this weekend.

Hope to see y'all at the next one

Sorry to hear that you have to cancel. I apologize for not answering sooner but we have been busy. Again no problem and I hope all works out with the doggie. They are important family members as
you well know. See you next time.

Randy & Brenda.

Buster537

Randy and Brenda thanks for a fun rally and all your hard work. We had a great time, so much to do in Tupelo.
James and Rhonda :cool:

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
What a great rally and a wonderful venue. Thanks Randy and Brenda for all your hard work. It was a blast.

rbspitz

Brenda and I would like to thank everyone attending the Mississippi Chapter Rally this past weekend in Tupelo, MS.

It was great to visit and EAT with our Heartland Friends again.

Looking at the picture you can see our youngest Heartlander giving the banner a helping hand. Thanks Cade.

"TCB" y'all.

IMG_5658.jpg

Last edited:
Randy & Brenda,
We will arrive on the 12th, was told we have site #38 reserved. Looking forward to another funtastic Mississippi Rally.
James B.

Hey guys, I wasn't able to attend due to medical problems. But would like to know how the evens went. The wife and I have made several trips to the park and enjoyed them prior to the lake being drained
Hope y'all have a good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.