2018 Bighorn Slideout Seal picture - Question

Hi,

Here's another issue I missed in the PDI. The seal is pulling away from the unit. What sealant is good to use in there to keep water out? Thanks!!

Will

Attachments

• image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    63.6 KB · Views: 98
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 97

DougS

Doug S
Hi,

Here's another issue I missed in the PDI. The seal is pulling away from the unit. What sealant is good to use in there to keep water out? Thanks!!

Will

I had the same problem with my 2016 and it looked good during the PDI, but it started to tear as the wall was brought in and out. If you measure the wall spacing on all four corners you will probably find that the one corner is closer then the rest. My measurement for the close corner on mine was .4 of an inch where the opposite corner was 1.25”. The gasket needs to be replaced and the wall needs to be adjusted.

3760EL

I had the same problem with my 2016 and it looked good during the PDI, but it started to tear as the wall was brought in and out. If you measure the wall spacing on all four corners you will probably find that the one corner is closer then the rest. My measurement for the close corner on mine was .4 of an inch where the opposite corner was 1.25”. The gasket needs to be replaced and the wall needs to be adjusted.
I found black streaks on the slide out walls. The wiper gaskets were chalky causing them to stick to the slide and pulling them out of the track and tearing. I used Rubbers Gasket Spray Lube. Slide moves freely with no streaks and wiper gaskets stay in tracks. I use this whenever gaskets show signs of getting dry or chalky.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk