Maps/Routes to Goshen, Indiana

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We'll be taking the long way around through the U.P. The heck with that Chicago traffic:eek:, road construction and pothole haven. I like my sanity!:D

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
We'll be taking the long way around through the U.P. The heck with that Chicago traffic:eek:, road construction and pothole haven. I like my sanity!:D

LOL I hear ya. There are about 5 or 6 ways to go through/around chicago on the highways and it's a crapp shoot no matter which way ya go.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I think Bill Sims and I are going to come east on I-10 to Baton Rouge La. and will pick up I-55 to go north. We'll stay one night at his house and leave the next morning. We may try to get to Memphis Tenn. the first night, or wherever we decide to stop for the night.

cjbearden

Visitor
Jay

If you can make it to Sikeston, MO, Town & Country RV park is where we used to make our overnight stop on the way to Elkhart, IN. The park is okay for a one night stay on Passport discount. Some areas kind of tight for getting in and out. We had to ask someone to move their truck for us to leave the park last time we stayed in 2007. There is another park (Hinton RV Park on Malone St.) but haven't stayed there. Malone St. is where Lambert's Cafe - Home of the Throwed Rolls is located. Worth the overnighter!!!!

The wind on I-55 from Memphis to Sikeston can be a real bear so watch it. In early May 2007, our first return trip from RV Capital in Elkhart to Benton, AR via that route resulted in damage to underskirt on passenger side of our former 2006 BH3400. When we stopped in Memphis for fuel, I got out and saw the rolled back skirting. J.D. was able to straighten skirting out enough to get it fastened back in place. We immediately called RV Capital and set up appointment to see them again when we returned for the 2007 Rally. They fixed her up good as new. We have never liked traveling in high winds after that.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I would rather drive 200 miles out of the way than drive through Illinois with their 55 mph trailer speed limit. Like the old song says "I can't drive 55" LOL From Texas I will go from Houston to Memphis the first day and then from Memphis to Goshen via Nashville the second day. Driving 65 - 70 mph is where we are most comfortable. Usually run about 68 mph as when I am at 68 (gps verified) my speedometer reads 70. When I run 55 my transmission constantly shifts from od to 3 and back. At 68 it will stay in od.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
I would rather drive 200 miles out of the way than drive through Illinois with their 55 mph trailer speed limit. Like the old song says "I can't drive 55" LOL From Texas I will go from Houston to Memphis the first day and then from Memphis to Goshen via Nashville the second day. Driving 65 - 70 mph is where we are most comfortable. Usually run about 68 mph as when I am at 68 (gps verified) my speedometer reads 70. When I run 55 my transmission constantly shifts from od to 3 and back. At 68 it will stay in od.

houston to memphis in one day is quite a push...but, then, there's Krystals on the highway...so, sustenance is not a problem.

(Ft Gordon, GA 1977)
Yes Ma'am....lemme have 300 Krystals with cheese, 75 orders of fries...and a small diet coke.

No Ma'am, I'm not eating it here.