new owner and to this group

I have a 2018 trail runner 26th my question is how strong are the tie downs i want to carry 2 Harleys approx. 725lbs each and am concerned
that the tie downs are not strong enough. any one have experience with this? all advice is appreciated
Thanks
Mark

jimtoo

Hi roadking1050, Mark,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and join our Heartland Owners Club, it’s free now. Then join us at a rally when you can meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

If you don't get some info from our other members soon then I suggest you call Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032, have your VIN when you call.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Congratulations on your new Trail Runner and welcome to the forum!!

Although I am not familiar with your specific Toy Hauler, in general the tie-downs are meant to be able to secure motorcycles so my guess is that it will hold them just fine. As Jim said, you can always call Heartland Customer Service at (877) 262-8032‬ and ask that specific question to be sure. Since your model is so new, we might not have a lot of owners of that specific model on the forum yet.

Rod

porthole

Retired
I have a 2018 trail runner 26th my question is how strong are the tie downs i want to carry 2 Harleys approx. 725lbs each and am concerned
that the tie downs are not strong enough. any one have experience with this? all advice is appreciated
Thanks
Mark

If you think of the tie downs as being there to balance the bikes it may help.

A quality wheel chock is key. I use Condor chocks. Mine are not bolted down, they just bump up against a stop on the floor, usually a piece of 2x6.

I ride in, step off and use 5 tie downs for each bike.

Two on the front driving lights that are bolted to the forks, pulling forward.
Two on the passenger floor boards pulling forward
One one the rear wheel pulling rearward.

They are tight, but only to the point of pulling down on the suspension about 1".
I let the bikes ride on their own suspension in the trailer.

8+ years and almost 50k miles doing this. Most of the time with one EG, and a golf cart (tied down the same way) sometimes with two EG's