Furrion Oven and cooktops

RickL

Based on our “short” time with these units we have been less then impressed with them. Our issue with the oven is like what I have read from others. The dial may say 400, but the digital read out says something else, while an oven thermometer states something completely different. There is a consistent 40-50 degree difference between the dial and the actual temperature. The digital readout and the oven thermometer are usually between 5-15 different, with the digital read out consistently stating a higher temp.

Talking about the dial, the design is such you have to bend way down with a light to set the temp. Definitely a poor design from Furrion.

The stovetop I have already stated the issue of not going low enough to really simmer.

Maybe as as an option Landmark could off the Fisher Paykel 24” gas range. With just a few changes it could be a viable option.

jbeletti

I can't read my dial settings so I have gotten used to it, turn it on, adjust the temp based on the display and bake with it. After years of using the other ovens, this one is a huge leap forward in my experience.

I'm hopeful the latest version of the Furrion oven shows up soon in our product as the temp dial seems to be more readable.
Google ChromeScreenSnapz407.jpg

Rick - have you tried my method of "lower simmer" on the range?

RickL

I can't read my dial settings so I have gotten used to it, turn it on, adjust the temp based on the display and bake with it. After years of using the other ovens, this one is a huge leap forward in my experience.

I'm hopeful the latest version of the Furrion oven shows up soon in our product as the temp dial seems to be more readable.
View attachment 56769

Rick - have you tried my method of "lower simmer" on the range?

The markings on the oven in the picture are much better then the present ones that’s for sure. As far as trying your method to simmer my wife hasn’t tried it yet. I’m a little anal, but she takes it to a whole new level. So it’s hard for her to “adjust” to something different when it comes to these things. But, I’ll keep chipping away at the rock!

BLR

Do you use the stone that came with your oven?
I didn't at 1st and I wasn't happy with the range of temperature, since I put the stone in things bake evenly and the temps stay consistent.

Sent from BLR Logistics

jbeletti

I didn't at 1st and I wasn't happy with the range of temperature, since I put the stone in things bake evenly and the temps stay consistent.

Sent from BLR Logistics

We leave the stone in ours and we've baked a pizza "on the stone".

BLR

So far, we've left our stone in during travel. We just make sure nothing else is on top of it. Hasn't broken...yet.
I just automatically take the 2 sink tops Microwave glass and the stone and put them on the bed during travel..

Sent from BLR Logistics

RickL

Sent from BLR Logistics

Yes we have used both with and without the stone. No difference in the temperature differentials. In fact we made a pot pie and the temp dropped from 400 and never recovered from 330 degrees.

We have pretty much come to the conclusion that we will need to live using an oven thermometer.

Mark-Roberta 051995

Our oven did the same thing. I noted it to be repaired under warranty. The Furrion (manufacturer) group told my dealership that it needs to be calibrated. I am scheduled to pick up our unit on the 12th of April so we shall see.

RickL

Our oven did the same thing. I noted it to be repaired under warranty. The Furrion (manufacturer) group told my dealership that it needs to be calibrated. I am scheduled to pick up our unit on the 12th of April so we shall see.

We had ours recalibrated also. Didn’t help one iota! We are taking ours back in next month and have requested to have the oven replaced. Hopefully that solves the issue as it’s driving my wife nuts trying to cook.

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
We have not tried the oven since we cannot get the stone. Today I received a call from the Dealer saying that Lippert told them that that was discontinued last April. so, where the heck do I get a stone?

The last time we were at the goschen rally, there was a seminar on baking and the lady said you need the stone for consistency. I guess we will have to get a new oven if it was obsolete when we bought the trailer.
does anyone know where to get the stone?
Had we had the manuals when we got the trialer we would have been able to get one then.

RickL

We have not tried the oven since we cannot get the stone. Today I received a call from the Dealer saying that Lippert told them that that was discontinued last April. so, where the heck do I get a stone?

The last time we were at the goschen rally, there was a seminar on baking and the lady said you need the stone for consistency. I guess we will have to get a new oven if it was obsolete when we bought the trailer.
does anyone know where to get the stone?
Had we had the manuals when we got the trialer we would have been able to get one then.

We finally were able to get Heartland/Furrion to replace our oven. We now have the latest configuration of thier oven and the manual states that the pizza stone is available but no standard fare now. I’d call Furrion direct to inquire about the stone.

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
Thank you for the info Dave. Now, where would I look for this stuff? Bed bath and beyond? Kitchen store? or all of the above? Dealers are not carrying them

Lou_and_Bette

Thank you for the info Dave. Now, where would I look for this stuff? Bed bath and beyond? Kitchen store? or all of the above? Dealers are not carrying them

I know you have ordered your stone but an FYI for everyone who neeeds a stone for their oven, besides the ready made stones you can also use UNGLAZED tiles available from any tile company or big box store