Jerking when I start from a stop

justafordguy

This does not sound like a truck problem, it sounds like a hitch problem. I don't believe the slider hitch was installed/setup correctly.

aRAYwego

In regards to the lights pointing up with the trailer attached. The leveling kit that was installed will actually increase that problem. Your truck has rake built into it so that the truck sits level or close to it, when a load is applied, dropping the rear end to approximately where the front was before the leveling kit was installed. Without knowing if you are overloaded, my guess is you are, I'm not sure if your truck would sit level without the leveling kit but I'm sure it would be alot closer to level and possibly keep oncoming vehicles from flashing you. Would airbags help? Yes I'm sure they would but now your trailer may not tow in a level position and I feel you are trying to fixing a problem you created with the leveling kit.

If it were me, the first step would be to get some accurate weight numbers as soon as the hitch problems are figured out and decide if I had the correct tow vehicle.

Well I finally received my answer to the problem with the jerking when turning. Our Demco 18K Sliding hitch had a broken gear on the inside from the moment I started using it. After taking it all apart they found the problem and gave me a brand new unit right away. Said it was just one of those freak things that rarely happen. We just camped this past weekend traveling 4 hours each way with no more problems. Thanks for all your ideas and help along the way. Matt Easton

NYSUPstater

Glad you got the problem fixed, but I would seriously look into at least a F350 SRW at minimum. I thought our '15 F350 SRW was enough truck.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Your truck may not be suited for the trailer you are trying to tow. Do not believe what dealers tell you, the burden of responsible and safe towing is on you.

Visit www.fifthwheelst.com and look at www.rvtowcheck.com for an easy to use app to help determine what your tow vehicle can safely tow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk