Window weatherstripping

rnewk52

Greetings,
I am curious about the frameless windows in our 2017 BC 3560ss. Every one of the frameless crank out windows have two pieces of weatherstripping about 1/2 inch each missing from the bottom edge of the window seal. Is there a specific reason for this? I am considering getting some seal and filling in the gaps because we have noticed flies coming inside through one of these gaps in the seal, and seem to be getting dust in also. None of the slider type windows have the gaps in the seals. I noticed this same scenario on our previous 2017 BC but we didn't have it long enough to be concerned about it.
Any thoughts from the members of this awesome, all knowing forum ???

Last edited by a moderator:

Kathi-27

was told it was to let water our condensation out????? didn't buy it. its also lets heat and cold in and out. went to lowes and got some self stick weather strip and put a small piece just below the gap that was alittle longer than the gap. seals better and with the smaller gap can still drain.

carl.swoyer

Greetings,
I am curious about the frameless windows in our 2017 BC 3560ss. Every one of the frameless crank out windows have two pieces of weatherstripping about 1/2 inch each missing from the bottom edge of the window seal. Is there a specific reason for this? I am considering getting some seal and filling in the gaps because we have noticed flies coming inside through one of these gaps in the seal, and seem to be getting dust in also. None of the slider type windows have the gaps in the seals. I noticed this same scenario on our previous 2017 BC but we didn't have it long enough to be concerned about it.
Any thoughts from the members of this awesome, all knowing forum ???
I've been using the self stick rubber seal from Lowe's otherwise they leak. I carry it with me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Yeah weep holes but way larger than necessary. I’ve done as the others to reduce the draft especially when it’s 20* with 20 mph winds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk