North Trail bed platform height

Fermont

Hi,

Can someone tell me the the height of the box under the bed platform on North Trail Ultralight TTs? I need the dimension to design a platform lift support and our trailer is stored 100 miles away. My plan is to do something like the rod that holds the hood of your car in the raised position when accessing the engine. Pin a rod to the inside center of the box near the foot of the bed. Install a clip to hold the rod in place horizontally. Install a socket (like closet rod socket) on the underside of the raised OSB platform. Raise the platform manually, rotate the rod and insert into the socket to hold the platform up. Voila! Simple. But the length of the rod and the position of the socket require knowledge of the height of the box.

Thanks in advance.

Marty
10 Mar 2018

danemayer

Hi Fermont,

Sounds like a good mod. I don't have a North Trail so I can't help with the box height. But isn't the dimension question more about how high you want to lift the platform. I would think the rod would just be mounted on the front wall of the box, whether the box is 6" or 12".