Power Reel Door Left Open

jguay64

Just got our new Big Country 4010RD, it has the power reel for the 50amp power cord. The cord is on a reel behind a door that has a key lock on it.
We are full timers 7 months out of the year / me and my wife camp host. We like our site to be very neat and tidy.
My question is has anyone done anything with the door when the cord is out where the door could be closed? It looks sloppy with the door left open.
Ideas? Pictures?
Thanks!

danemayer

Does your door have 2 filled-in cutouts where you can press in and rotate the cutout fill-in? If so, rotate one of them to open up the cutout and make room for the cord.

jguay64

Does your door have 2 filled-in cutouts where you can press in and rotate the cutout fill-in? If so, rotate one of them to open up the cutout and make room for the cord.

No there is no cut out. I thought about buying a cable hatch and mount it on the door to allow me to close the door when the rig is plugged in.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Sounds like they put the wrong door on it. Here is what you should have. You should be able to call Heartland and have them send you the right one.

af7d338ee10c62ca9280861d635dbdf8.jpg

MTPockets

On a separate note; I never did like having to always use the key, so I replaced our key lock with a latch that required no key. Just an optional thought.

oldelmer1

I flipped ours over, so when the cable is out the cutout is at the bottom. Also put some velcro on the bottom of the door and on the metal strip divider above the door to help hold it up when fighting with the cable.