Ezgo 2012 Freedom TXT golf cart

Doc4aday

Hello..new to the forum I bought a 2012 Ezgo golf cart and will take delivery in a few days. It has a new body and the frame has been cleaned and painted with rust proof sealant. I am having the controller set to 19.5 mph. should this give me a power boost for climbing hills? It is a 48 volt cart with new Trojan batteries. I got if for $3650.00 of which seems like a good deal. Any opinions?

david-steph2018

Our first golf cart was an electric we traded up to a gas in Jan. 2017. Funny story with this issue. We were at the camper show at the Ohio State Fairgrounds and looking at new campers. We seen Jeff from B&B Golf Carts and talked for a few minutes. We then went and looked at some more campers and the wife had to have restroom break. So I kept looking after she did not return I went looking, just too late. When I found her she was signing papers for a new golf cart. I asked and was instructed "I traded our in and we own that one now."
That is how we ended up with the Road Warrior 427. We decided we did not want to let a $6000.00 golf cart set while we were traveling around.

Be careful of the batteries. I always left mine on a trickle charge. We left it plugged in even while we were gone.
But also your key will work in any other EZGO also, so will anybody keys work in your cart.

porthole

Retired
Hello..new to the forum I bought a 2012 Ezgo golf cart and will take delivery in a few days. It has a new body and the frame has been cleaned and painted with rust proof sealant. I am having the controller set to 19.5 mph. should this give me a power boost for climbing hills? It is a 48 volt cart with new Trojan batteries. I got if for $3650.00 of which seems like a good deal. Any opinions?

A 2012 shouldn't need much.
We have a1999 EZ-Go electric. I went with electric because for one it is quiet and clean. When I was looking I found about half the campgrounds in our travel area that allowed carts had an electric only restriction.

I haven't upped the 36 volt system yet to 48, but it will be as simple as adding two more batteries.

I already have a 500 amp controller that is programmable.

You can go crazy with golf carts. Some of simple things I did was change all the lights to LED's. I also added a remote battery disconnect switch. And as already mentioned, most carts all have the same brand-specific key.

So, the easiest way to discourage anyone from hopping in your cart and driving it away, either joy riding or stealing it, is replacing the ignition key. Cart theft is real, so lock it up at night.

Do an eBay search for

Harley Davidson ignition key

SNOKING

This winter we bought a refab'd 2013 Club Car for our Arizona location and we have a 1999 gas Yamaha up North that was never on a golf course. The park up North has 22 miles on roads inside the park and hills, so gas makes sense. Arizona park is flat, so electric works.

porthole

Retired
Our carts almost look like twins (but then again, most carts do).

Ours is really a Dog Cart. Although I bought it for Deb, and made it as easy to use as possible for her, the dogs really think it belongs to them.

Since this picture I added 10" aluminum wheels and some much better turf and gravel tires.

Need 10" wheels to add hydraulic disc brakes which is next on the list.

DSCN1310 copy.jpg