Anderson Valve

DonHelenL

I have a 2013 Bighorn 3010RE. I have been wintering in Texas and Florida since buying this trailer . The Anderson Valve has been getting harder and harder to turn and now wont turn at all( with my fingers). Any suggesions?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Call Anderson Valve and request a replacement cartridge.
[h=2]If this is what you have:[/h]

Then this may be what you need: Repair Kit: Part# 200RV-RK

Anderson Brass - 800.476.9876 - ron@andersonbrass.com

Peace
Dave​

richheck

Seasoned Member
I have a 2013 Bighorn 3010RE. I have been wintering in Texas and Florida since buying this trailer . The Anderson Valve has been getting harder and harder to turn and now wont turn at all( with my fingers). Any suggesions?

Are you making sure there is no water pressure in the system before trying to turn the valve, turning the valve with the system under pressure (either park or pump) can cause the seals to blow out and or hard turning of the handle.

jbeletti

I spoke with Heartlander Ernie Perez yesterday. Ernie spoke with Anderson Brass directly and was advised they no longer issue replacements for n/c as there was too much abuse of that program.

They referred him to a dealer. I referred him to Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoveredWagon

I spoke with Heartlander Ernie Perez yesterday. Ernie spoke with Anderson Brass directly and was advised they no longer issue replacements for n/c as there was too much abuse of that program.

They referred him to a dealer. I referred him to Amazon.

Did you find the repair kit on Amazon. I had no luck.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Heartland parts department sent me a replacement to south Texas last month. Approx $42 with shipping

Kbvols

788ed6bba48c044ac4167eaadda5a40f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Az_Ernie

Did you find the repair kit on Amazon. I had no luck.
I actually could not find the Anderson Valve kit on Amazon either. Anderson Brass referred me to Fitzilla.com. The kit can be purchased there for $35 plus shipping. The folks at Anderson Brass, after hearing what I was experiencing, didn't think that the valve was causing our water pump to fail to build pressure. Like Jim Belletti, they thought it was more likely a problem with the pump (check valve, diaphram, etc.). However, I took the cartridge out of the valve body to see if any O-rings were damaged and did not find any that appeared damaged. I lubed and reinstalled the cartridge and connected our trailer to city water to check for leaks. No leaks, so decided to check pump one more time. I disconnected from city water and ran pump with valve in the normal position, and to my surprise pump built pressure and system operated as designed. I have no idea what fixed it or if system will continue to operate properly.

Thanks again to Jim and Anderson Brass for their help.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
What do you use to lubricate the Anderson valve?

From the Anderson website...

NOTE - Use Dow Corning 111 lube ONLY. Petroleum based lubricants will permanently damage seals!

Lowes or Home Depot

Az_Ernie

What do you use to lubricate the Anderson valve?
I used a home plumbing valve lube that I had on hand (Home Depot/Lowes). I don't have the lube handy to get the brand name. Anderson Brass Co. recommends Dow Corning 111 on their web site. They also warn against using a petroleum based lube, as it will deteriorate the O-rings.

travelin2... as I was answering post, you beat me to the Anderson lube recommendation. :)

jbeletti

From the Anderson website...

NOTE - Use Dow Corning 111 lube ONLY. Petroleum based lubricants will permanently damage seals!

Lowes or Home Depot

Thanks Lyle - I tossed a tube into my Amazon.com cart for the next time I order. I'll keep it in my RV plumbing kit.