2015 cyclone dry rotted speakers already !

Securityman

So I pull the cover off my camper which is covered 5 months a year , and notice that my outside speakers are complete garbage , dry rot , I though they would last a little bit longer then that , guess not .
I think the RV industry is really pathetic of all these parts they use , china made crap . I fixed so many things on this camper , I still like it but dam it's getting old , every time I turn around something is broke , doesn't work , or is leaking . 🤦*♂️🤦*♂️ All these company's are out for their bottom line and that's it.

Lynn1130

Dry rot? I would think that under a cover in North Carolina for 5 months it would be soaked with condensation.

alwaysbusy

So I pull the cover off my camper which is covered 5 months a year , and notice that my outside speakers are complete garbage , dry rot , I though they would last a little bit longer then that , guess not .
I think the RV industry is really pathetic of all these parts they use , china made crap . I fixed so many things on this camper , I still like it but dam it's getting old , every time I turn around something is broke , doesn't work , or is leaking . 🤦*♂️🤦*♂️ All these company's are out for their bottom line and that's it.

If I was to take a guess, I assume you mean the cone is separating from the sides and curling in towards the center or out towards you, yes? Ours did the same last year, we called Customer Service and they replaced for free even way out of warranty. You may want to give them a shout, can't hurt. The replace is easy.

CDN

B and B

$25 a pair. I say buy some new ones.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/rv-speakers

Securityman

Dry rot? I would think that under a cover in North Carolina for 5 months it would be soaked with condensation.

Nope not at all , it's a rv cover not a tarp ,lol .

- - - Updated - - -

If I was to take a guess, I assume you mean the cone is separating from the sides and curling in towards the center or out towards you, yes? Ours did the same last year, we called Customer Service and they replaced for free even way out of warranty. You may want to give them a shout, can't hurt. The replace is easy.

Yea I may try it , not that it's a big deal , found some for 20 bucks , lol guess they used the same ones !

- - - Updated - - -

$25 a pair. I say buy some new ones.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/rv-speakers

yea I know , I might spend the big bucks and get the 65.00 ones, may get another year or so out of them , lol

jerryjay11

If you decide to pay for replacements then I'd suggest replacing with marine grade speakers. They are waterproof and won't dry rot. I've had a set in my go-fast bass boat for 10 years, fishing in rain many times and they are still intact.

avvidclif

I replaced mine when they were abt 6 months old. pieces of junk. I went back with marine grade and haven't had any problems. Be careful though the holes on mine were cut so far off 2 of the screws wouldn't even catech. And IIRC they were 6" instead of 5.5"

Securityman

If you decide to pay for replacements then I'd suggest replacing with marine grade speakers. They are waterproof and won't dry rot. I've had a set in my go-fast bass boat for 10 years, fishing in rain many times and they are still intact.

Ok thanks !

- - - Updated - - -

I replaced mine when they were abt 6 months old. pieces of junk. I went back with marine grade and haven't had any problems. Be careful though the holes on mine were cut so far off 2 of the screws wouldn't even catech. And IIRC they were 6" instead of 5.5"

ok thanks , guess I got my money's worth ! Lol yea I am keeping my fingers cross that the craftsmans would use a hole saw instead of a hammer and a screw driver to make the hole , 😂😂

- - - Updated - - -

N

I guess I am unfamiliar with the difference. If it covers it holds in some moisture.
Rv cover is very breathable , and drys out in a few hours after any rain showers

Securityman

My new kicker speakers , had to cut the holes a little bigger , well worth it , sounds great !

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 87

PondSkum

The speakers on my RW were all dried up when I got it last year also. They are up high above the window, and one of them was actually allowing water to leak and it would puddle in the window sill. I thought the window was leaking, until I found the bad speakers. replaced them with some marine speakers off amazon and so far so good 1 year later.

Sowie

Polk audio mm series are a great marine grade replacement speaker. I upgraded mine to these. Go to the Crutchfield website to do your research then comparing prices on amazon and eBay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk