Fireplace

Have 2017 Bighorn with 36 “ intertec fireplace model wf1436 turned on this morning and heating element in blower glowed bright red and smelled like electric fire. Has anyone had this problem. I can’t find this company on line, and am looking for a fix if anyone has had this same problem. larpamcope@gmail.com

wdk450

Are you connected to a 50 amp shore power? Have you measured the incoming voltages with a voltmeter. There is a recurring problem with deficient 50 amp shore power that causes excessively high voltage to be delivered to the trailer. This might cause the smoke and excess heater glow you describe.

See: "Open Neutral" and "50 Amp Service" from this page: http://www.myrv.us/electric/index.htm

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Have 2017 Bighorn with 36 “ intertec fireplace model wf1436 turned on this morning and heating element in blower glowed bright red and smelled like electric fire. Has anyone had this problem. I can’t find this company on line, and am looking for a fix if anyone has had this same problem. larpamcope@gmail.com

Yes this happened to us. Contact Heartland directly and send pictures, they can send you a replacement (probably not the same brand.)

If they cannot, the Distributor for the fireplace is David Carter & Associates, they are based in Elkhart, IN. The fireplace comes from China. I'll try to find a contact person and post.

contact at David Carter: Mike Mohr
mmohr@davecarter.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes this happened to us. Contact Heartland directly and send pictures, they can send you a replacement (probably not the same brand.)

If they cannot, the Distributor for the fireplace is David Carter & Associates, they are based in Elkhart, IN. The fireplace comes from China. I'll try to find a contact person and post.

contact at David Carter: Mike Mohr
mmohr@davecarter.com

Thanks, Larry and Pam

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
What email address do you use to contact heartland. I’m not having any luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Go to the web version of the forum, portals page, left side column, click on email link for customer service