Gooseneck for my 5th wheel?

atckid

Greetings all
We bought our first camper, a 2017 Mallard M27, last year and have decided to move on up to a new 2017 Elkridge 30RLT 5er.
It is new and we are buying a silverado 3500hd turbo diesel to haul it. It is a long bed and already has a ball hitch in the center of the bed for a gooseneck adapter.
Here's my question...
Will using a goose neck adapter instead of a "standard" fifth wheel hitch void my warranty on the frame of my new Heartland camper?

Thanks for your help and Happy Camping!

Sandy, Barbara and furbaby Ebby

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Neither the Andersen 0r the Reese Gooseball hitch will void your warranty.
I have the Andersen and love it.
Good luck in your decision.

atckid

Thanks doublegranch. I sent an email to Heartland and hopefully will hear from them too. I think they were talking about just putting an adapter on the camper. The truck I am getting has a ball hitch in the middle of the bed already. I hope a dealer wouldn't do something that would void a warranty. Thanks again.

CoveredWagon

Greetings all
We bought our first camper, a 2017 Mallard M27, last year and have decided to move on up to a new 2017 Elkridge 30RLT 5er.
It is new and we are buying a silverado 3500hd turbo diesel to haul it. It is a long bed and already has a ball hitch in the center of the bed for a gooseneck adapter.
Here's my question...
Will using a goose neck adapter instead of a "standard" fifth wheel hitch void my warranty on the frame of my new Heartland camper?

Thanks for your help and Happy Camping!

Sandy, Barbara and furbaby Ebby

You’ll love the Andersen Ultimate hitch. Ok I’m prejudiced 😂 that exactly the arrangement we have. Look at their web site. It’ll explain what you want to know.

Happy Camping

danemayer

Thanks doublegranch. I sent an email to Heartland and hopefully will hear from them too. I think they were talking about just putting an adapter on the camper. The truck I am getting has a ball hitch in the middle of the bed already. I hope a dealer wouldn't do something that would void a warranty. Thanks again.

Lippert warrants the frame. If you call them, I'm sure they'll tell you that a standard gooseneck will void their warranty on the frame. However, I believe they do support use of the Reese Goosebox. Heartland probably can't authoritatively speak for Lippert regarding the frame warranty.

The Anderson Hitch is different from a standard gooseneck and wouldn't create the same stresses as a standard gooseneck. And I think Anderson stands behind their hitch regardless of what Lippert might say.

212Pilot

I know others have already spoken favorable about the Anderson Ultimate hitch. When we bought our Cyclone the dealer recommended the Anderson and showed us the literature that is is the only gooseneck adapter hitch that does not void the warrantee. I love how it tows and especially how easy it is to remove and reinstall. I frequently remove it to haul our ATV or use the truck bed for other purposes. PM me your number if you want to talk about all the pros and the very few cons.

atckid

Thought I should pass this along.
I just spoke with Heartland and they said ANY (including Anderson Ultimate) gooseneck will void your warranty for structural damage. I questioned them on the Anderson hitch because it does raise the hitch up but they said ANY gooseneck. Ohh well so much for the easy way. If someone knows differently please let me know. I spoke with Don McWilliams.
Thanks everyone for your help.

atckid

Further clarification.
Got an email from Heartland and they suggested I contact Lippert Components (who apparently handles the hitch warranty issues for Heartland).
Lippert says you can use the goose neck IF you use a Reese goose neck pinbox on the camper.

CoveredWagon

Further clarification.
Got an email from Heartland and they suggested I contact Lippert Components (who apparently handles the hitch warranty issues for Heartland).
Lippert says you can use the goose neck IF you use a Reese goose neck pinbox on the camper.

i believe I read somewhere that Lippert has an interest in Reese. Andersen has a 5 million dollar bond, (I’ve heard ) that will cover frame damage attributed to their hitch. So far no claims.

If your interested call Andersen. BTW Pullrite has a similar hitch to the Andersen, however I read that there have been some issues withere hitch and Rv frames.

Just sayin’

jbeletti

i believe I read somewhere that Lippert has an interest in Reese. Andersen has a 5 million dollar bond, (I’ve heard ) that will cover frame damage attributed to their hitch. So far no claims.

If your interested call Andersen. BTW Pullrite has a similar hitch to the Andersen, however I read that there have been some issues withere hitch and Rv frames.

Just sayin’

I couldn't find anything online about Lippert holding an equity stake in Cequent. But I did find this positive statement from Lippert on use of the Goosebox.

jimbob195

I have a 2011 Landmark Grand Canyon. I asked all of the warranty questions regarding the frame before I purchased the Goosebox Model #94623 and got favorable responses. This is the 20K model. It bolted right up in place of the original fifth wheel plate. It has an airbag to smooth out the rough spots. The Landmark pulls like a dream. I am connecting to a B&W Turnover hitch in my pickup bed.