Another DIY Water Filter system and Upgraded Anderson Valve (Tank Sanitize option)

212Pilot

Its done. After reading all the water filter post and doing additional research I finally put together a dual canister water filter system for less than $100 and along with it I upgraded the Anderson Valve panel to the 200RV-WHBSD which will allow me to sanitize the tank and use the RV pump to fill the tank when we are boondocking. I wanted the filters and Pressure Regulator counted inside to prevent it from freezing during the winter. To make it happen I had to re-construct the pass through divider wall to make space for a hinged panel on which to mount the filters. BONUS, I move a few other components and gained 3-1/2 square feel of floorspace in the storage area. Here is the link to the Project Video I've added a PDF with the water filter parts and process.
Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 7.00.20 PM.jpg
IMG_9764.jpg

Attachments

• RVWaterFilterNotes.pdf
    195 KB · Views: 116

jbeletti

Apologies for not seeing this thread months ago. It just popped up in my What's New after Duane replied.

Anyway - nice work! thanks for the video as well. One product that I have developed a fascination for is FRP (fiberglass reinforced plastic). It's sold in 4'x8' sheets. Love it! Had you had some, you may have wanted to remove all items from the UDC back wall and skin over the wall with FRP.

Thank you for sharing and yes, I too would like to know how this newer Anderson valve system is working. While I don't need it, I like how you can use the pump to suction water from an external tank or bladder to fill the onboard tank.

212Pilot

How is the new kantleak valve working?

It works great. I have used the tank sanitize functions twice and have pumped water from a the AquaTank II many times.

- - - Updated - - -

Apologies for not seeing this thread months ago. It just popped up in my What's New after Duane replied.

Anyway - nice work! thanks for the video as well. One product that I have developed a fascination for is FRP (fiberglass reinforced plastic). It's sold in 4'x8' sheets. Love it! Had you had some, you may have wanted to remove all items from the UDC back wall and skin over the wall with FRP.

Thank you for sharing and yes, I too would like to know how this newer Anderson valve system is working. While I don't need it, I like how you can use the pump to suction water from an external tank or bladder to fill the onboard tank.

FRP sound like what I need to finish it off. Everything is working great.

SNOKING

As I stated in my thread on installing a bypass to allow pumping water or bleach into the storage tank, Heartland should switch to the new combined panel on all its builds. It is a bit crazy to have a trailer that you can not add additional water to, without having a buy a pump or modify it like this OP and others including myself have done.

Here is my thread and write up on a pump output bypass to the storage tank.

https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...o-storage-tank-with-onboard-pump-modification

Chris