Fuel 352 Garage door stop

Gweed

The garage door stop, on my new 352 is mounted in the wrong area of the door, the door came open while traveling home after purchasing it. The door broke open from the door stop being mounted incorrectly or on the wrong end of the door. The door stop was mounted from the factory on the hinge side of the door, it should be on the opposite side of the door at the top of the door and above the door handle. So when the door came open the door could only open half of the way because the door stop is inches from the hinges of the door not letting the door fully open, the door stop crushed and broke open the door.
I have moved the door stop, so the broken cracked door can now open fully. I can't get my photos to attach, I hope this explains the problem, and helps someone from trashing a brand new door.

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you feel the stop was incorrectly installed at the factory, and you have pictures, contact your dealer and ask them to put a warranty claim in to Heartland.
It's worth a shot.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

I'm not following your description. Are you saying that when the door unlatched and swung open, that the door contacted the doorstop, punching a hole in the door?

If that's not it, what crushed the door while you were towing?

Gweed

I'm not following your description. Are you saying that when the door unlatched and swung open, that the door contacted the doorstop, punching a hole in the door?

If that's not it, what crushed the while you were towing?
Pretty much yes. The door stop was mounted on the wrong side of the door. 9591FECF-613B-4804-AFBA-EF8506867B2F.jpg Sorry photo is rotated

danemayer

Pretty much yes. The door stop was mounted on the wrong side of the door. View attachment 56947 Sorry photo is rotated

With that picture, you for sure want to discuss with Heartland. I'd think they would want you to have a new door. Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

Jcgribks

My wife and I just bought a 2019 Fuel 352 like this. In fact we haven't even picked it up yet. Ours it like that too but I think Heartland put it there because if you add a TV to that wall where they have the hookups, that door stop might be in the way or when the door swings all the way it might hit the TV. What they should have done is mount it down low like where a regular door stop would be. I know that might stick out a little bit to where you would have whatever toy you're carrying but I don't think it would really be in the way. I'd never strap anything down to that 2-3 inches to that front wall.