2018 Bighorn 3970RD - 2 in. Receiver Hitch

This is the Curt 13703 adjustable RV Hitch from Amazon for $197. All I did was use a hand drill to make new holes for a direct bolt on.
Apologies for the sideways pic. It isn't like that on my computer...

Attachments

• Hitch.JPG
    Hitch.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 389

DougS

Doug S
I installed the same receiver last year. While in Goshen last summer I took the cross member off and had two additional 2” sockets welded on. Three 2” sockets really stabilizes the lot.
Will, did you leave the Lippert hitch brackets on, it’s hard to tell from the picture. I left the Lippert hitch brackets on.

loganhughes

This is the Curt 13703 adjustable RV Hitch from Amazon for $197. All I did was use a hand drill to make new holes for a direct bolt on.
Apologies for the sideways pic. It isn't like that on my computer...
Do you plan to tow something behind the 5er or simply a bike rack?

sengli

Thats a lot of hitch for a bolt on application. If you bolted to those 1/4 flanges that are on my big horn , I wouldnt expect there a lot of weight carrying capacity to that set up.

DougS

Doug S
That Curt hitch is rated at 500 lbs. The hitch kit comes with its own brackets that has nothing to do with the Lippert from the factory brackets. The hitch can be bolted or welded on. I carried an electric wheel chair 5,000 miles with no problem from the hitch, but the chair platform was not strong enough. I had two more 2” receivers sockets welded onto the hitch cross bar.