Kitchen access with slide in -rw 427

Jfree5679

Hi Everyone,
looking at the rw427 and wanted to know if it’s possible to access the fridge with the slide in?

we like to have access while on the road for making lunch etc.

Thanks!
jason

danemayer

Hi Jfree5679,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I'm sure you'll hear from some 427 owners shortly on whether it's possible to get into the refrigerator with slides closed.

david-steph2018

Hi Everyone,
looking at the rw427 and wanted to know if it’s possible to access the fridge with the slide in?

we like to have access while on the road for making lunch etc.

Thanks!
jason

Simple answer is No. With the slide in you can not get to the fridge, kitchen or even the bathroom. Only area(s) are the living area, garage area. If you have a toy in the garage you may not be able to get into the garage going thru the living area because of the toy being against the door. So both bathrooms would be inaccessible while on the road.

Jfree5679

Thanks. Appreciate the fdbk.

Jason

Simple answer is No. With the slide in you can not get to the fridge, kitchen or even the bathroom. Only area(s) are the living area, garage area. If you have a toy in the garage you may not be able to get into the garage going thru the living area because of the toy being against the door. So both bathrooms would be inaccessible while on the road.

david-steph2018

Thanks. Appreciate the fdbk.

Jason
Jason I just went out and put both slides in on our 427. Okay let me update my last post, the garage can not be accessed from the living room, because the slide comes in over half way on the door to the garage. Now fridge, with the 5 person sofa, like our has, you can climb over the corner of sofa and get to the fridge. But you can not get to the front bathroom with the living room slide and bedroom slide in.

I was thinking you were talking about walking to the fridge so that is why I said you could not get to the fridge.