Does a Torque t30 have a transfer switch?, if yes, where is it?

braz28

I am currently installing a Onan 4000 micro quiet in my Torque T30.

Its equipped with a gas tank and a generator compartment which is insulated with fuel lines as well as +/- wiring from batteries.

Instrument panel does not have the Onan switch and hour meter.

I also notice a small junction box with 3 capped off wires in the storage compartment adjacent of the generator compartment, but no switch inside.

Do I wire up the 120v output wiring from the Onan to the wires inside the junction box?

where is the transfer switch located? if I have one?

thanks

danemayer

Hi braz28,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

The presence of a junction box in the front compartment, with wiring to connect to the generator is a sign you have generator prep. The transfer switch is closer to the main circuit breaker panel and is typically located behind the rear wall of the pass through basement storage.

braz28

Hi braz28,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

The presence of a junction box in the front compartment, with wiring to connect to the generator is a sign you have generator prep. The transfer switch is closer to the main circuit breaker panel and is typically located behind the rear wall of the pass through basement storage.

Thanks for the quick reply, is the wiring for the remote switch hidden somewhere in the walls or behind the switch panel or do I have to route and fish my own wiring ?

danemayer

Thanks for the quick reply, is the wiring for the remote switch hidden somewhere in the walls or behind the switch panel or do I have to route and fish my own wiring ?
I'm afraid I don't know about the remote switch and wiring. Perhaps someone else does.

JamesL73

I’m not familiar with this RV but my Elkridge has the Onan remote prep and the wires to hook up to a generator are already run up to the front compartment and hanging in the area where my hydraulic system is. Maybe this will help....???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk