2012 Bighorns -- Any issues?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hey all, my sister in law is considering a used 2012 Bighorn 3685RL. Those with 2012 Bighorns, or if you previously owned a 2012, any major (or minor) issues we need to be looking for?

We plan to go with her and her boyfriend to check it out in person, to give it an experienced Heartland look-over.

TravelTiger

I can't tell from the pics. But it does say it has load range E tires, so you know I'll be eagle-eyeing those!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good news, dealer says it has G614s already on it. :)

kowAlski631

Our 2013 3670RL is great. We've had to have our AC units replaced, our level up controller replaced and all our hydraulic lines replaced.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Our 2013 3670RL is great. We've had to have our AC units replaced, our level up controller replaced and all our hydraulic lines replaced.

Our 2009 BH3670RL is doing fine. I replaced a Hi-Limit switch on the water heater a few years ago, the furnace circuit board in 2016 and replaced the OEM tires last spring. Had to replace the moveable vent caps last summer. The slide hydraulics are good and still using the original battery.

Jerik721

Hey all, my sister in law is considering a used 2012 Bighorn 3685RL. Those with 2012 Bighorns, or if you previously owned a 2012, any major (or minor) issues we need to be looking for?

We plan to go with her and her boyfriend to check it out in person, to give it an experienced Heartland look-over.
We have a 2012 front living 42 ft. We bought it in October and we are very happy with it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

We we went and looked it over. Definitely used, but not too bad a shape. Waiting to hear on whether they can make a deal/financing happen.

TravelTiger

It's official! Tony's sister now owns a BigHorn!

984f3e79a487de5b7e9983c2a25216d4.jpeg

dbbls59

A 6 year old trailer should have the bugs worked out of it by now. I have a 2012 Big Country and had a host of problems when it was new, but now it seems to be trouble free.