Finally picked first camper up!

orion7144

We took delivery last night and stayed at the dealer. No major issues overnight except the smell from the heater. This morning we headed home where it will sit overnight till we put it in the storage lot (stupid hoa). I will attempt later today to back into driveway. Here is a picture. It is a little nose high and I only put 10psi in the air bags.
c01ffde61260512b1b6036abdb65a812.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

anjoro

We took delivery last night and stayed at the dealer. No major issues overnight except the smell from the heater. This morning we headed home where it will sit overnight till we put it in the storage lot (stupid hoa). I will attempt later today to back into driveway. Here is a picture. It is a little nose high and I only put 10psi in the air bags.

Congratulations! Enjoy your Bighorn, we love ours. Happy Trails. ....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Ducky

Congratulations on your new 32RS, Looking good. Mine too is a little nose high with only 10 lbs air in the bags

orion7144

Lookin good. Congrats!!
Well I learned 2 things tonight. First is I need A LOT of practice backing up. I also learned I can probably park it in our driveway. I had it backed in but was half on my neighbour's side yard. I gave up and pulled back in the street.

jerryjay11

I find it helpful once you are sure the back of the trailer is clear to watch your trailer wheels particularly when turning into and aligning with your driveway. The over-swing of the back of your trailer can really throw you off.

Kbvols

Looks great! There is a rally in Sevierville, Tn toward the end of April check it out. We'll be coming thru your area in route to rally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

orion7144

LOL everything was throwing me off. I think I watched too many Youtube videos.

I find it helpful once you are sure the back of the trailer is clear to watch your trailer wheels particularly when turning into and aligning with your driveway. The over-swing of the back of your trailer can really throw you off.

carl.swoyer

Congratulations on your new home! Enjoy!!!
And let me tell you this is a great, fantastic, incredible forum. Lots of info that will save you money.
Travel safe.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Looking cold up theya

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

kowAlski631

We took our BH to an empty parking lot and practiced maneuvering there. We both got good at putting it where it needs to be. Also gave us the opportunity to hone our hand direction signals (and lessen the irritation).

NYSUPstater

Very nice and Congrats!!!! Like how the colors match. You'll get the hang of it for backing up and like OP said, go to a empty parking lot (high school) and practice making turns, backing BOTH on driver's and passenger side as you may sometime have to "blind side" it into a site. Take note too the proximity of back window of truck to front corners of coach. 99% of time you'll be okay, but just to give you an idea as to how sharp of a turn you actually can make.

Chrisandsama

How is the Bighorn holding up? We bought our 32RS in August and absolutely love it. No major issues with it just a couple things missed during the PDI, remote for inverter wasn't working and a couple loose sink drains. Enjoy.

orion7144

We still love it. I do feel that if I were not a DIY'r it would be a lot worse. I have fixed numerous things. Right now it is at the dealer for one of the tires wearing on the outside. Dealer said the alignment is fine so they are waiting on Heartland's response. When I brought it in I also brought up how the tank sensors dont seem to be working correctly and they found that 2 sensors were crossed (the 2/3rd sensors on the black and grey 2 were crossed).

Chrisandsama

We still love it. I do feel that if I were not a DIY'r it would be a lot worse. I have fixed numerous things. Right now it is at the dealer for one of the tires wearing on the outside. Dealer said the alignment is fine so they are waiting on Heartland's response. When I brought it in I also brought up how the tank sensors dont seem to be working correctly and they found that 2 sensors were crossed (the 2/3rd sensors on the black and grey 2 were crossed).

Ya definitely being a DIY'er helps. Hopefully they don't end up finding anything major causing the tire wear.